New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

25 gallon starfire build

Started by charlie, December 11, 2011, 03:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Quote from: touchofsky on January 31, 2012, 08:37:54 PM
Intake and outflow on the same side  :)
Wow you guys were really into that presentation  :),Valerie you get to sit next to Brian  ;D.

charlie

Quote from: charlie on January 31, 2012, 08:41:12 PM
Wow you guys were really into that presentation  :),Valerie you get to sit next to Brian  ;D.
I guess i should take out the consolidating  from the title, since i`m now keeping my shrimp tank that has being so good to me  ;)

touchofsky

Brine

i was a much better student the second time i went to highschool...at 33 yrs old

touchofsky

fischkopp

Speaking of  focal point, I would move the macandra a bit off center.

Not sure about the glosso either, is to busy for me. Want to try some UG?
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Points noted Robert, thanks.
Sure i will try some UG & grow it out.
Errol

charlie

exv152

Is that glosso growing upwards on the left side?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on February 14, 2012, 06:56:17 PM
Is that glosso growing upwards on the left side?
No ,it`s Lysimachia nummularia/
creeping jenny
I also finshed skinng the stand .

exv152

Nice job.  You still going to paint it black??
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on February 14, 2012, 07:28:59 PM
Nice job.  You still going to paint it black??
No, that`s how it stays.
Thanks.

exv152

Where is the co2 diffuser? Is it in the plants??
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on February 14, 2012, 07:47:42 PM
Where is the co2 diffuser? Is it in the plants??
Yea it`s longer than yours, so it`s nestled in between the glosso.

pm

Skinning the stand looks great!  I debated about doing something similar, even with the same panelling from HD, but couldn't figure out an easy way to access the storage inside the unit once skinned, so I am painting instead.  Can you still access the storage inside, or do you have to remove the full skin to do so?

charlie

Quote from: pm on February 14, 2012, 08:20:08 PM
Skinning the stand looks great!  I debated about doing something similar, even with the same panelling from HD, but couldn't figure out an easy way to access the storage inside the unit once skinned, so I am painting instead.  Can you still access the storage inside, or do you have to remove the full skin to do so?
Peter, the skins are all separate ( 3 panels) held on via magnetic latches so i have full access.
I only  lightly sanded the MDF panel & applied a few coats of clear satinfinishh.
I found the finish on the MDF panels @ HD to be sub par, i guess its OK if you are painting it, but i got mine from Rona, much better finish, a buck or 2 cheaper & more designs. I will be doing all my stands with it.
Errol

bizfromqc

Alright pardon my ignorance but can you guys elaborate on what "skinning the stand" is? So you basically bought some panelling, slap some magnets on it and stick it on the stand?

charlie

Quote from: bizfromqc on February 15, 2012, 10:05:51 AM
Alright pardon my ignorance but can you guys elaborate on what "skinning the stand" is? So you basically bought some panelling, slap some magnets on it and stick it on the stand?
= you basically bought some panelling, slap some magnets on it and stick it on the stand ,you can also attach it whichever way works best for you  :P, just one of them days :)

bizfromqc

Quote from: charlie on February 15, 2012, 10:16:49 AM
= you basically bought some panelling, slap some magnets on it and stick it on the stand ,you can also attach it whichever way works best for you  :P, just one of them days :)

sounds easy enough  :)

daworldisblack

Wow looks good! Might be an idea for my bare stand!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!