New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New Community Tank - 20Gallon Tall

Started by daworldisblack, January 29, 2014, 02:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daworldisblack

Decided to sell my 25Gallon last year due to frequent travelling and inability to maintain a high-light set up! I had this 15Gal to tide me by in its stead but it wasn't quite all that:

Came back from my trip back home in December to find that the tank had been overfed and it was algae madness! I babied it back to health but wanted to get excited about it again so I got meself a 20Tall so that I could have my light higher and not have it look so congested. Got it up this past weekend and here it is:

I have a Current Satellite Plus light fixture on it and want to show you guys the different effects in a vid soon but hope the pics do good for now.

Substrate: Fluval Stratum

Light: Current Satellite Plus 24"

Filter: Eheim Classic 2213

CO2: GLA Atomic V3 on 5Lb with Inline Atomic Diffuser

Plants: Bolbitis, Java Fern, Needle-Leaved Java Fern, Rotala Vietnam, DHG, E. Tenellus , Crypt Parva, Fissidens Fontanus, Anubias Nana Petite, Flame Moss

Fish: Aphyosemion Bitaeniatum Lagos, Simpsonichtys Santanae 'Ribeirao de Santana', Oto Cats, Long Finned Albino Bushynose Pleco, Chilli Rasboras, Endlers, Clown Killis, Red Ramshorn Snails, Malaysian Trumpet Snails, Zebra Nerite Snail, Red Cherry Shrimps
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

daworldisblack

Cellphone pics suck sorry!

bettabreeder

Awesome! Look forward to its progress. How do you find the light intensity of the satellite +? I'm considering buying one for my 15g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exv152

Nice job Rah, how is the atomic v3 reg working out for you? I love the look and size of these things.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Quote from: bettabreeder on January 29, 2014, 11:18:39 AM
Awesome! Look forward to its progress. How do you find the light intensity of the satellite +? I'm considering buying one for my 15g

Thanks! Its not the best for a high-light tank but perfect for low-medium. I think on the 15G at 12" it has a PAR of 36 micromoles which is on the lower end. Medium is 30 PAR and above. Depends on what you want to grow! I think i need a second one on my 20 for higher Par later on. The spread is also 120Deg as well so its darker at the top where some of my fishes hang out. Maybe another Kensfish group order soon!

daworldisblack

Quote from: exv152 on January 29, 2014, 04:45:18 PM
Nice job Rah, how is the atomic v3 reg working out for you? I love the look and size of these things.

Its actually pretty great! Dialing in the BPS does take effort but once its set, it seems to stay there! Doesn't get hot and like you mentioned, they do have a small form factor and they look sexy! I couldn't justify getting it new at that price before so I got this used but I would recommend it for a hassle-free set up. Might be a bit of a pain for nano set up but if BPS is of no concern, its not bad!