New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plant suggestions

Started by Saphirra, August 05, 2019, 04:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saphirra

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I redid the very first aquarium I bought to replace the gravel with pool filter sand.  I wasn't sure if I had washed it enough but I was amazed there was next to no cloudiness so yay a win for me!

I tore down my star wars tank as from day 1 it was giving me nothing but problems.  It is now a glow tank for my little girls as I upgraded their little hexes.

Now for the question at hand.  I feel the tank is very sparse.  I am looking for ideas of what to plant in there.  I use flourish weekly and I have the good root tabs from Wolf.  I am hoping for something with contrast.  Whether, in the reds, very dark green or light/lime greens.  It must be easy to grow as I'm still new to this and don't plan on doing a co2 system.  Also, open to ideas for attaching plants to the AT AT walkers.

If anyone has any plants they are looking to sell let me know what you have and price (West End preferred but not a deal breaker)

Laura

I think it looks great and will fill in nicely. You can tie java fern to the AT-ATs with a cotton thread, so it disintegrates over time.  I would probably go with a needle version of java given the tank is smaller, but any of them would be fine. More anubias tied to them would be nice too, but I found java easier. If you haven't gone to the auctions, it's a great place to get plants.

If you want a stem plant I have too much in my pond. It's an elodea type plant. PM me if you're interested, I'm downtown.
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

lucodu