New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

How long should I keep the messages?

Started by busdriver, February 01, 2007, 12:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

busdriver

How long should I keep the messages in my 'message file'
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

BigDaddy

Only as long as you need 'em.  The size of the files isn't the issue.. its the number of entries in the database that maintains 'em.  The fewer the entries, the faster the site overall.  It's not your individual box per say... but when you multiply by 1000 users... the numbers get big pretty quick

Now, that being said... I know of some users (cough babble cough) who have PM's into the hundreds....

PaleoFishGirl

busdriver

that wouldn't be anybody I know, would it? ;)

beowulf

I only keep a few (6 right now) with peoples phone numbers or addresses, everything else gets deleted once or twice a week.  Thousands ehh...Babble you are the man!!!  Most I have ever had I think was about 25.

RoxyDog

So, you're telling me the reason the site gets slow is b/c Babblefishy can't clean out his mailbox?   :P
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Muad'Dib

It's a good thing the speed of the site is not tied to the size of home e-mail box.... 
I've got e-mail that go back nearly 10 years.   :o

50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

squeeker

I just deleted the 600 pm's I had stored away... that should help  :D

busdriver