New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Call for members to step up.

Started by charlie, May 06, 2014, 09:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

OVAS members, I`m pleading with you to step up &  volunteer yourself for a position on the club`s Executive.
I can tell you if everyone that accepts a position is really dedicated it`s light work.
The issues the Execs have year after year is not enough truly dedicated volunteers, this then throw responsibilities on the small few to double or triple up duties in order to keep the club going, after a few months to a year they are burnt out, not to mention the readily & freely given critic they get for their efforts.
We have no shortage of expertise that  knows what & how things should be done, but very little volunteers to do it.
This is your club, a club with a rich heritage for 60 years, get involved & be part of the solution.
Regards Errol
P.S I expect the usual suspects to be coming out of the woodwork & critique the messenger & miss the message.

ajm1961

Thank you Errol for putting out the call for help. This club could not have come this far these past years without your dedication. We're in your debt.

So far, we have the following nominations:
- myself as President
- Robert, current Auction Chair, as Treasurer
- Sylvie B, current Social Convener, as Sponsorship

Currently these positions are open to nominations:
- Vice-President
- Secretary
- Program Chair
- Online Presence Chair
- Membership

More volunteer positions will then be opened after the elections. We must first start by ensuring that the core group is in place. Without these, we cannot fully function as a club. We have pared these down to a minimum as part of the constitutional changes - as Errol said, OVAS needs YOU!

Please post your nomination the ELECTIONS-NOMINATIONS thread:
http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=58049.msg325963

Thanks all for reading this thread and considering to join the executive team.
Andre Martin
OVAS President
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!