New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

42 gallon Bow front - Congo river biotope

Started by charlie, January 27, 2019, 08:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

I was gifted this total tank set up by a member( thanks Paul) I re purposed most of the livestock in other tanks and had the tank sitting dry until a few weeks ago when i saw an ad for some West African Tetras by Enea, this sparked the idea to attempt a biotope type set up with this tank.
The scape is a work in progress , there is a couple of rocks sitting on top of the Eucalyptus drift wood to weigh it down until such time it becomes water logged again .
Substrate : Estes sand and a some Tropica soil  in one area
Plants:crinum calamistratum, Red Tiger lotus ( Thanks Greg) bolbitis/ African water fern nad a Variety of Anubias
Filter: Eheim eco 2236
Heater :  Hydor ETH 200 watt inline
Livestock: 8 Neolebias trewavasae. Cute and rare Congo tetra , 8 Hemigrammopetersius caudalis. Yellow tail congo tetra ( to come)

th3budd

Nene

Happy my Congo Tetras found such a great new home. Hope they all arrived safe and settled in nicely in the tank
Kushanganza!!!!

Enea Parimbelli

charlie

Quote from: Nene on January 30, 2019, 10:58:13 AM
Happy my Congo Tetras found such a great new home. Hope they all arrived safe and settled in nicely in the tank
They all arrived safe, still setteling in there new home.
I'm happy to have them.

daworldisblack

Nice catch! I'm sure they'll love the new home!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Nene

How are the Congos doing? are you seeing the nice red on the Neolebias males? They showed it almost every morning just after lights went on for me
Kushanganza!!!!

Enea Parimbelli

charlie

Quote from: Nene on February 22, 2019, 01:29:15 PM
How are the Congos doing? are you seeing the nice red on the Neolebias males? They showed it almost every morning just after lights went on for me
The Congos have settled in nicely and doing great.
The Neolebias on the other hand are very skittish and I rarely see them out when I'm around the tank