New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello again friends! :-)

Started by HappyGuppy, September 27, 2011, 09:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyGuppy

Hey y'all

I've been away from ovas for the past couple of months, and now am making my return to say hello to you all again.

Been busy during the summer, enjoying the season with the family & doing stuff, and the extent of my interest in fish was catching them in area lakes.

Well, so I admit that I've kinda neglected my tanks... and it shows, but I'm back again.

Been working on creating a saltwater tank in my living room lately.  This has been a desire for years that has finally happened (wife finally granted permission... reluctantly).  Will up some pics of it soon.

So upon my return I've found a stack of PMs in my inbox.  Sorry to those of you who wrote that I haven't even seen the messages, but I found them now, and will reply shortly.  To add a pleasant suprise, I got a PM that I won a $25 gift certificate from ovas!  Ironically that PM was sent TODAY!  Couldn't have come at a better time.

So anyhow, I'm back in the water and looking forward to enjoyable correspondences with all of you again!

NjOyRiD

Hi, and welcome back, do you need any help with anything?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

HappyGuppy

Quote from: NjOyRiD on September 27, 2011, 09:46:31 PM
Hi, and welcome back, do you need any help with anything?

Thanks for the welcome back!  You're such a nice guy.  How's that fortune-enclosed-in-glass doing?  Got any cool recent pics?  You and your tank are just so inspiring!

Do I need any help?  Ummm... not yet I guess.   I have a couple of things I need to get still for the new tank and maintenance of existing (some work needed due to neglect on a few tanks).  One thing I want to *TRY* again are those xenia.  I repeatedly had xenia die in my other tank and finally gave up on it (apparently some tanks they don't do well in).  Well now with a new tank I'm gonna see if the curse is gone.  I guess I'd love to get any tips from you on keeping them alive, thriving, and reproducing.  I'm gonna see if I can score a bit from someone in the Kanata area (like 1 to 3 pieces) who can spare some (presumably growing like a weed in their tank). 

(((Anybody in west end or Kanata willing to part with some xenia?  Willing to trade for cool macros?  PM me if interested.)))

Looking forward to chatting with you soon in the java chat soon Njoy!

Greatwhite

I've read that Xenia does better in not-so-pristine water... They like nitrates...  so stop doing water changes!!!

I think I saw some in the "for trade" classifieds in the last few days, btw.

HappyGuppy

Thanks Greatwhite for your reply!!!  While you wrote it I was starting a thread about xenia, because this time I'm hoping to finally enjoy them in a tank (without dying).  Perhaps the problem is that my tanks have hardly any nitrates... I have plenty of macros scrubbing the water.  LOL - maybe I should dose with potassium nitrate?!?!?  (not serious of course)

Greatwhite

Ya - I just saw your other thread... pretend my response is over there! :)

NjOyRiD

Quote from: HappyGuppy on September 27, 2011, 10:09:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome back!  You're such a nice guy.  How's that fortune-enclosed-in-glass doing?  Got any cool recent pics?  You and your tank are just so inspiring!

Do I need any help?  Ummm... not yet I guess.   I have a couple of things I need to get still for the new tank and maintenance of existing (some work needed due to neglect on a few tanks).  One thing I want to *TRY* again are those xenia.  I repeatedly had xenia die in my other tank and finally gave up on it (apparently some tanks they don't do well in).  Well now with a new tank I'm gonna see if the curse is gone.  I guess I'd love to get any tips from you on keeping them alive, thriving, and reproducing.  I'm gonna see if I can score a bit from someone in the Kanata area (like 1 to 3 pieces) who can spare some (presumably growing like a weed in their tank). 

(((Anybody in west end or Kanata willing to part with some xenia?  Willing to trade for cool macros?  PM me if interested.)))

Looking forward to chatting with you soon in the java chat soon Njoy!

there is no more chat here on ovas :( the flash chat is gone
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Cheebs

Welcome back!! I can't wait to see pics :)

HappyGuppy

Awwww... too bad re no flash chat.

Make a couple of pics.  Will have to resize and upload soon.