New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Montreal Auction - How was it?

Started by 328iGuy, November 28, 2004, 01:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

Yes,  but I never use minimum bids...

artw

Quote from: "maitre007"That is until I witness my Nimbochromis venustus and Nimbochromis livingstoni gobbled them up as soon as I introduced them to my tank.

Hate to say I told ya so ;)
did any maisonis survive?

Marx

When is the next big auction?? anywhere?

BigDaddy

The OVAS giant auction is in March (artw has corrected me).

artw

OVAS, March something
Quebec City, April 17th (I think)
Montreal, sometime in April/May

328iGuy

Quote from: "artw"OVAS, March something

Very interesting.....

Marx

pegasus

QuoteThat is until I witness my Nimbochromis venustus and Nimbochromis livingstoni gobbled them up as soon as I introduced them to my tank.

Ask Art, every time you bid on those I let you go for it. I was realy hopping to see those at the auction and there they were....  :cry:  :cry: now gone   :cry:  :cry:

Yes they had reserved bid.

We saw a 48x18 cabinet go for $8
A 1.5hp water pump for $12 or $15 (Art correct me if wrong)
Grindall worm $16  seller is  :D  :D

And Art.... I felt bad for your tanks... but take hart... you know that your new breeding project will fit into your closet.  :D  :D  :D

maitre007

They were eaten immediately after I release the bag.  I was quite surprise to see the venestus being able to swallow them whole because they are quite long.  

This morning I didn't see any of my fishes that I bought yesterday.  Which could be a good thing since I only see the red empress that I bought from pegasus on a sporadic basis and that means they have found a good hidden place or it could mean that my fishes had a feast last night.

Oh well, it will just add to the mystery to my tank.  

By the way, don't count on me to breed a specie that I buy at an auction.  I have too many different kind of cichlids in my tank not to have their fries eaten.

artw

part of our duties as fish keepers is to be responsible with our fishes - but thats for another thread.

328iGuy

maitre007

I am responsible with fishes.  I just gave my venestus a good snack yesterday.

Jo

Quote from: "artw"OVAS, March something

Quebec City is holding a convention for fish lovers on April 16 and 17 th. I heard there was to be an auction as well.

And the next thing probably happening in Montreal is not an auction but a group buy... It's being planned for sometime next spring (probably march or april).

For those who read french...

the aftermath of the last group-buy in august
http://www.sid-dis.com/poisson/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=f1;action=display;num=1093750148

preparations for the next
http://www.sid-dis.com/poisson/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=f1;action=display;num=1098370554

As for sunday's auction, well I met Artw and his friends and i got me a nice pair of apistos Viejita II. Great day!

pegasus

Bonjour Jo,
Nice to see you on the board. How are your Apisto doing?

Sad news: The 5 Kaiser that were mostly at the bottom of the bag went directly to the bottom of the quarantine tank. They never got up again (at least by themself). :(

On a good note , the $2 Kaiser joined the colony and the Calvus, Frontosa and that SA dwarf (bought by mistake) are doing fine.

artw

good to hear your fish are doing well Michel.

Jo, welcome to the board.

328iGuy

Michel

So you lost the 5 Kaiser's?  :cry:

Jo

Quote from: "pegasus"Bonjour Jo,
Nice to see you on the board. How are your Apisto doing?

SAlut Pegase,

It's your fault i'm on this forum :wink: ... You gave me this address...
 Asteure j'avais pouvoir vous casser les oreilles avec mes apisto... :wink:  :wink:  

The apistos are doing fine... I had to rearrange the tanks and the pH a bit but so far so good...

Glad to hear that you guys made it back home safe... :D

See u around

maitre007

It appears that two of Cyprichromis leptosoma have survived.

pegasus

QuoteIt appears that two of Cyprichromis leptosoma have survived.
That's good news. Have you move them to another tank?

Marx

how the heck do you catch africans in the tank lol.. i have so much rock its impossible..

i was trying to cath 2 pairs today and couldn't even get 1 lol..