New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Video House Tour 2005 Questions

Started by dpatte, January 10, 2005, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

In the spring, OVAS sends out a member or two to video some of the aquariums of its members.  The resulting video is edited and shown at one of our spring meetings.

This allows people to show off their tanks and lets people at the meeting see first hand how others are keeping their fish. The video is also kept in the library for posterity.

I assume there will be a callout sometime in the near future if you would like to have some of your tanks video'ed for this.

But the reason Im posting this early is that I got a digital camera for Christmas, and it as a video capture mode (VGA - up to 30 minutes). The result is saved in .mov format (quicktime).

If I take some videos of my own tanks in this format, is this something that could be edited into the video home tour video at a later point?

And if this is the case, how many minutes maximum of video will the editor accept from each person?

Thanks.

pegasus

QuoteVideo House Tour 2005 Questions
Is not exacly what they were doing last year. They didn't take movies of my livingroom or any other place in the house  :D  :D
They only shot 5 minutes of the same tank with comments from the owner. They then shown then at the meeting and made us vote as to whom had the best looking tank.

artw

Details will follow,  at the next meeting,  this is tentativly scheduled for the May meeting.

Personnel from OVAS will tour around the area videotaping 5 minute commentaries from the owners of 1 aquarium.    since I am the person doing the videotaping I prefer to keep everything consecutive on 1 tape

dpatte

as a suggestion, I'd like to see the video tour earlier than May.

My reasoning is that in June we have a barbeque party, and I would like to suggest earlier on the same day we have an open house at various members as well - ie: an open house tour. It should be quite easy to plan (I'm willing to be the oranizer)

So perhaps the video house tour should be earlier in 2005 in order to give a bit of space between them.

NjOyRiD

do you guys know if theres some show for fish?! i mean a palce you can show your best fish?! like a car show by exemple?!6

id like to show my huge clown knife..i love it :)
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

artw

well we were supposed to have the Bowl Show in 3 weeks but that will be confirmed tonight.

pegasus

Could we also have a club meeting in June..... it's a long time period from 3thrd week of May to 3thrd week of Sept . Maybe both parties should not be in-lieu of meetings. What do you guys think?

Nelson

Quote from: "pegasus"Could we also have a club meeting in June..... it's a long time period from 3thrd week of May to 3thrd week of Sept . Maybe both parties should not be in-lieu of meetings. What do you guys think?

I absolutely support that suggestion Pegasus

NjOyRiD

Quote from: "artw"well we were supposed to have the Bowl Show in 3 weeks but that will be confirmed tonight.

that would be awsome! I think i have the niciest Knife and also the niciest Fahakah puffer! hehe
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Tim

OH YEAH!!! well my mom could beat up your mom :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

NjOyRiD

hahaha...lets do it! in a mud pool! lolol
370g System

Aiglos

I'd actually like to see a Large Ghost Knife,  usally they are very nervous fish, hardly ever see them not hiding.  I don't think they would show very nice in a bowl show.  I've never been to a bowl show, im very excited, will have to book a tuesday off work so I can go :)

pegasus

Quoteim very excited, will have to book a tuesday off work so I can go
Tuesday night is macramee, Monday is OVAS's. :D

artw

I will post this in another thread when I actually write the minutes,,  but the home show videos will be shown in May and the June meeting is on the 27th, same time same place
the barbeque is on the 25th,  at Colin's place

artw

oh yeah and the bowl show is in 2 weeks

pegasus

QuoteJune meeting is on the 27th
Shows the power and good use of this BBoard. Thanks Art. I'm sure that Sue , Eric back you up.. thanks guys!
Quoteoh yeah and the bowl show is in 2 weeks
Oh yeah and how will the board gonna reach all our members that are not on this Discussion?
Quotethe barbeque is on the 25th, at Colin's place
You mean... Colin's little daughter's place. Can't wait to see her winning show tank. :D

dpatte

Im interested in instructions for the bowl show. Do we still have all the matching bowls we bought for the SuperEx a few years ago?

Also, is the barbeque in June as well as the meeting?

artw

David you really need to read more carefully :D the BBQ is in June,  as I mentioned in my rather short post.
Bowl show.  Yes we have the bowls and we will  be bringing them to the meeting.
just bring your fish in a bag or whatever and we'll put it in a bowl.  you might want to bring extra water.

this bowl show was announced at the November meeting

Sue

"If I take some videos of my own tanks in this format, is this something that could be edited into the video home tour video at a later point?"

I don't think any of us that attempt to videotape tanks knows how to do much editing. But I was thinking if you are able to burn your own dvd of  5 min of video, I don't see why it couldn't be stuck in the player at Jack Purcell after the other video is shown. I'm assuming that very few people would have the technology to do that, and we wouldn't have large numbers of disks to change.

dpatte

well, i dont have a dvd writer. I was thinking that someone might want to edit my .mov file into the resulting video.