New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Video House Tour 2005 Questions

Started by dpatte, January 10, 2005, 11:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

my knife fish wont fit in those bowls :)

how big are the provided bowls and can we use larger tanks as well?

artw

the bowls are 1 gal
feel free to do whatever you require to show your fishes.

BigDaddy

I have a digital camcorder, digital editing software, and a DVD burner.

If any assistance is needed, let me know.

PS - Dave, I can't do anything with your .mov files unfortunately.  I can only edited raw digital data from a camcorder.

pegasus

QuoteI have a digital camcorder, digital editing software, and a DVD burner.
David's files are .mov (Quicktime) and would probably need to be converted to a standard. Maybe your editing sofware can do that.

NjOyRiD

Quote from: "artw"oh yeah and the bowl show is in 2 weeks

yeahhh..thanx Art!!!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

NjOyRiD

Quote from: "dpatte"my knife fish wont fit in those bowls :)

how big are the provided bowls and can we use larger tanks as well?

what kind of knife do you have?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

NjOyRiD

what are the prices for the bowl show?
370g System

BigDaddy

Quote from: "pegasus"
QuoteI have a digital camcorder, digital editing software, and a DVD burner.
David's files are .mov (Quicktime) and would probably need to be converted to a standard. Maybe your editing sofware can do that.

There is software out there to convert .mov files... but it'll mean the quality of the video MAY be affected.

dpatte

I have a black ghost knife, about 9 inches long. I'll try to get a picture today.

Im not sure i'll make the bowl show, but if Im here, perhaps we can enter our two knives (I can provide 5.5 gall tanks to show them in). Mine would have a clear knife house, since its very shy.

NjOyRiD

that would be interesting dave! I have a 25g doing nothing right now...my knife is 11 inches and he doesnt need anything to hide..hes curious...i love him :) hehe
370g System

artw

keep in mind for those of you bringing tanks we do not actually have a stand - and the tables wont support a 25g

artw

sometime today if I get bored at work I'll split this thread into a few different topics so it kind of sort of makes sense.

RaceFaceR1

Are you guys serious?  A bowl show?  So you bring your fish in a bag and then put it in a bowl to show it off???"

Sorry I never heard of anything like it...  I think it's a pretty cool idea if you ask me!

To bad I dont have very nive freshwater fish...

dpatte

actually bowl shows used to be a regular occurance at OVAS, and other fish clubs.

When I was member of the Montreal club years ago, they would have a bowl show with a different theme every month - barbs, bettas, catfish. It was lots of fun, and a good way to get lots of ribbons ;)