New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquarium Digest .....

Started by nickie, March 01, 2005, 01:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickie

Anyone subscribe to this great magazine ?  or is it out of circulation ?... it use to be .70cents a copy back in the 70`s...    "  Aquarium Digest international "......I have some older issues,  1970 , to 79.
Most enjoyable reading,  the information , habitat,  breeding habits of many species ..... is truly invaluable...      Does the OVAS library have  all of the issues ?....    John P.(nickie)

Marc

I'm not the OVAS librarian but I don't believe the OVAS library has any of the issues at all.

Marc

I should of checked the library listing before I answered.  OVAS has a dozen or so issues.  You can see the library listing here:
http://ovas.ca/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=2508&page_id=50

(OVAS library from the main menu)

dpatte

Two things....

First: Im very impressed that the library list is online! - i didnt know you had made such a list, many with cover images! Whoever put all that info together for the website, well done!

Second: I believe you have to be a card-carying member of OVAS to borrow books from our library. Maybe that should be mentioned on the library page, with a link to how to become a member.

nickie

Quote from: "Marc"I should of checked the library listing before I answered.  OVAS has a dozen or so issues.  You can see the library listing here:
http://ovas.ca/mod.php?mod=userpage&menu=2508&page_id=50

(OVAS library from the main menu)
Thanks Mark, I should have remembered the OVAS library, I see they have collected a few past past issues...  Too bad I live so far away !....               Regards, John P,(nickie)

mseguin

Would it be possible to borrow books at the Giant Auction or would next opportunity be the March meeting?

Aiglos

Typing "Aquarium Digest international" into google, brings up the OVAS Library as its #1 hit.   Funny.

Marc

Quote from: "mseguin"Would it be possible to borrow books at the Giant Auction or would next opportunity be the March meeting?

Next opportunity will be the March meeting.  Follow the instructions on the library page to ensure the librarian brings the book(s) you want.

Marc