New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Membership question (etc...)

Started by Bugsy, March 15, 2005, 02:01:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugsy

Hi Every Person!

Do I pay full price buying a membership now or Is it wiser to wait to buy a membership as indicated on the 'join' page.

And ,buying a membership..
Am I required to attend Ovas meetings at all?
I find it impossible to get to the meetings for lack of transportation. which is quite sad for me. I really want to go.

I was reading a few posts and see there is an Ovas library. I can't find the link again to see what kinds of books are available.

Bugsy

dpatte

you only need to buy the partial price membership for the rest of this membership year.

Perhaps the ovas site should disable the full year membership options until the end of the year?

The library link is on the front page of the site down the left side.

Attending meetings is not necessary.

Marc

Quote from: "dpatte"Perhaps the ovas site should disable the full year membership options until the end of the year?

People who have been attending meetings all year who haven't paid their memberships yet should be paying the full year memberships.

Quote from: "dpatte"The library link is on the front page of the site down the left side.

Attending meetings is not necessary.

Attending meetings is not necessary but it is necessary to go to a meeting to borrow a library book and then to the following meeting to return the library book.

Bugsy

How much is a partial Membership?
(half the price of a percentage off?)

Marc

The prices are on the "Purchase Membership" and "About OVAS" pages. (Check the menu on the home page)

Bugsy

Thank you!

Couldn't find it. I need glasses.
*grin*

I see it now.

How long do ovas meeting last?
I work nightshift 10-7.
Is the next meeting April 28?
(sorry, trying to do the minimal of questions.)

Marc

We usually finish somewhere between 9:30 and 10:00 (We have to be out by 10:00)

Here's a typical schedule:

7:00 to 7:30 people arrive and register the items they will be seeing in the auction

7:30 to 8:30 presentation of some sort

8:30 to 8:40 10 minute break

8:40 to 8:45 door prizes

8:45 to 9:45 mini-auction

Next meeting is Tuesday March 29.  Most meetings are on the 4th Monday of the month.  This month it's on a Tuesday because of Easter.

Marc

P.S.  You can find the next meeting announcement in the center section of the home page.

Bugsy

Thank you, you've been more than a helpful person.
I didn't expect a reply for several days!
There should be more people like you, whom actually care enough not only to give an answer, but several.

Have a fun day!

Marc

Thanks.   Also, I almost forgot to say, if you come to a meeting you can leave before it finishes.

NjOyRiD

here is the best place to have a reply fast :)
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Marc

Quote from: "Marc"People who have been attending meetings all year who haven't paid their memberships yet should be paying the full year memberships.

I should have precised that this applies more to renewing OVAS members than to new members who have been coming to meetings to try and figure out if OVAS was for them.

As we don't take attendance this is based on the honour system.

Marc

dpatte

I understand your point. A simple solution is to say that you are expect to become a member after attending two free meetings (not two free meetings per year ;) )

artw

luvfishies

Hmmm, I paid full membership a couple of weeks ago, and it expires in Sept!

No matter, the money goes to a GREAT cause!

Marc

Quote from: "luvfishies"Hmmm, I paid full membership a couple of weeks ago, and it expires in Sept!

Hi luvfishies,

I just checked because OVAS could have returned any extra you paid but it turns out you paid $15 which is the mid-year price, not the full year.

And yep, all memberships, no matter when purchased expire in September.

Marc

TBarb

...and memberships can be paid for at the meetings instead of waiting for snail mail. THe 15 % discount provided with membership at some LFS will pay for it quickly. Not to mention the books you can borrow.

luvfishies

Quote from: "Marc"
Quote from: "luvfishies"Hmmm, I paid full membership a couple of weeks ago, and it expires in Sept!

Hi luvfishies,

I just checked because OVAS could have returned any extra you paid but it turns out you paid $15 which is the mid-year price, not the full year.

Marc

You're right, huge apologies! I checked my PayPal records. Sometimes I spout off before researching.

Again, apologies  :oops:

Marc

Quote from: "luvfishies"
Quote from: "Marc"

Hi luvfishies,

Marc

You're right, huge apologies! I checked my PayPal records. Sometimes I spout off before researching.

Again, apologies  :oops:

No worries, I get confused all the time.  :)