New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tues meeting

Started by james, March 30, 2005, 07:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ottawadiscus

Hi Dave,

I agree with you. It will be look silly to see everyone with the same shirt at the meeting but it will be nice to wear the t-shirt to other aquarium/fish events, so more people will get to know about OVAS.  

Loyed
"A man with hobbies never has time to waste" B.P

Marc

It would be nice to nice provide badges to all members.  

T-shirts are also a good idea but last year or the year before at a meeting we asked who would buy one if they were available and only a couple of  people raised their hand.  Again, I'm for getting them, I've been wanting one for years, but there has to be demand, and reasonable costs.

mseguin

Well if you tell me what you would be interested in specifically (type of shirt, colour, silkscreening or embroidery, what you want on the shirt, and an estimate of numbers), I can get a price on Friday.

Marc

I can't decide for the executive but it would be nice to get an idea of prices to see if it's worth persuing.  Something like the shirts some of the long-time OVAS members have is what interests me.

So:
Decent quality t-shirt
Blue (similar to the blue at the top of this page)
Silk screened logo and some text
Let's say 50 t-shirts.

I believe there will be a one time setup cost for the logo and then a per t-shirt cost.

FYI, this is the OVAS logo:

mseguin

What size (approx) of the logo and text? I.E. breast pocket size, or full front or back?

Marc

Full front, nothing on the back.   Silk-screening all white.

This is what the old t-shirts are like.

mseguin

Sounds good, I will talk to our wholesale guy on Friday and should have an estimate of the price by Saturday.
Matt

dpatte

www.cafepress.com allows organizations to sell t's (and other items) over the web. people order and the items are shipped directly. no minimum order and ovas makes a few bucks for each one sold. Perhaps this is the way to go. OVAS coffe mug anyone?

Marc

The problem with cafepress is the cost.  A white t-shirt with the logo on it would cost OVAS $13.99 US.  Say  we sell is for $15 US.

If someone in Canada buys it they pay $15 US plus $6 US shipping for a total of $21 US.  That's about $27 canadian.

In addition to this customs may intercept it in which case you'll pay GST plus Canada Posts's $5.00 handling fee.

Grand total: $33.89 cdn.  That's an expensive t-shirt!

Nelson

Quote from: "Marc"The problem with cafepress is the cost.  A white t-shirt with the logo on it would cost OVAS $13.99 US.  Say  we sell is for $15 US.

If someone in Canada buys it they pay $15 US plus $6 US shipping for a total of $21 US.  That's about $27 canadian.

In addition to this customs may intercept it in which case you'll pay GST plus Canada Posts's $5.00 handling fee.

Grand total: $33.89 cdn.  That's an expensive t-shirt!

My neighbour has a silk screening operation in his garage.  There's no doubt he would give me an excellent price on good quality t-shirts.  The logo is another matter.  It's rather elaborate and with the addition of text it may require substantial initial outlay to have a template created.  I will speak to him if you wish.  

BTW - discus keepers revolt, we're not represented on the logo...just kidding of course :wink:

Nelson

.....and I will commit to two t-shirts :D

maitre007

I guess I will once again swim against the current and state that I don't like the idea of wearing a name tag.  It is to likely to induce some flashbacks from my days working at McDonalds.

Nelson

Quote from: "maitre007"I guess I will once again swim against the current and state that I don't like the idea of wearing a name tag.  It is to likely to induce some flashbacks from my days working at McDonalds.

So you definitely wouldn't entertain an offer to "supersize" your name tag :lol:   As Marc pointed out previously, not everyone will wear a name tag for various reasons, and that would be absolutely acceptable.  After all, we pay to belong to OVAS and generally speaking shouldn't be made to participate in procedures we disagree with (within reason).  Having said that, if the majority of members agree with the sugestion then we should proceed with acquiring the name tags and those members who choose to can and likely will wear them.  My 2cents...again :wink:

gvv

Just make the survey and we will see the results...
(But ask to mention whether you are member or not)

Aiglos

I am very for this,  Everyone who likes hockey can wear a hockey shirt,  I want a FISH Shirt.   I'm a paying member and I'd definatly pay for a t-shirt.

artw

The members pay to be in the club,  through memberships and the auction % cut.
The members want name tags.
The members should get name tags.  I cant see any reason why the executive would vote no on this motion. (Maitre007 being the odd man out.) :D

squeeker

Or... at meetings, people could just introduce themselves to each other...

:lol:

pegasus

Quote(Maitre007 being the odd man out.)
Not quite...  I don't like name tag and T-shirt with a fish design even less, but a good quality t-shirt with the word OVAS 3-5" long on one side is more of my liking. I hate billboards! ... and that's my 2,000 cents worth.  :)

dpatte

lets not forget the intent of this thread - that it would be nice to be able to identify each other at meetings. Free name tags for members, worn volunarily would be a good idea, even if they are just 'Hi My Name is' stickers.

T-Shirts should really be a differnet thread since they dont help the original intent, identification of individuals at meetings, at all.

NjOyRiD

Hi..my name is...what..my name is...Phil :)  LOL
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO