New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

newsletter article

Started by maitre007, April 27, 2005, 09:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maitre007

If anyone wants to submit something for the upcoming ovas newsletter please let me know.

maitre007

Bump.  As I have not received any inquires/interest to submit something for the ovas newsletter.

mseguin

Did u want original articles or articles from literature, etc?

maitre007

Ideally it would be original articles.  Otherwise we need to get the permission from the author to distribute the article.  

Even for photos, the Executive Committee requires the permission of the website despite the legal opinion of a lawyer that depending on the fact scenario the "fair use" exemption would be applicable.

However website are usually pretty accomodating to granting the permission to publish articles in return to plugging in their website.  

So if you have a linked to an article online website, please let me know.  Otherwise, ovas members can expect to have a newsletter about cichlids, more cichlids and even more cichlids if the newsletter editor is responsible to come up with the entire content.

artw

it would be interesting to read an article about starting a salt water tank.  I am interesting in doing this after I get settled into the new pad.

maitre007

i agree with art on that one ...

so to all you saltwater members out there, share your knowledge.

mseguin

What about scientific articles about fish, such as uv reflection in swordtails. Some of these are pretty interesting. Obviously, one would need to obtain permission.

dannypd

Possibly start with brackish water tanks...

heck, a good search in these boards will provide PLENTY of ideas and articles from knowledgeable members without their knowledge.

(all material posted here becomes the property of them such, as a non-profit company, and storage of therein)

artw

thats a good idea I think I suggested that way back at one of the past executive meetings.  Mine the forum for topics.  it wouldn't be hard for someone to do,   just go look for threads over 5 pages long :D   I'd do it if I had more time.

maitre007

The cover story for the last newsletter  derived from a link provided by a member on a disucssion board.  

Yesterday, I sent a e-mail to the author of another article was was linked by a member in a discussion board looooooooonnnng time ago to get permission to print his article in our newsletter.  

With that said it is much easier if a member would send me a link because I am more likely to read a discussion board about certain subjects as opposed to another.  

If the choosing of stories to print in the newsletter is done entirely at my discretion without the input of others [excluding comments from the pennut gallery] then you can expect a one sided newsletter.

dannypd

I can look into the forums if ya like....make it non-cichlid based...not biased...lol