New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

suggestions for my reef tank please

Started by yaserrahim, May 16, 2008, 09:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharbuckle

it will come up to the top to eat for sure, not a bottom feeder, mine will take food from my fingers on the surface

yaserrahim

hmm that's perfect, i'm considering getting one now. a
also thinking of getting a 4-striped damsel. i know alot of people say you shouldn't have 4-striped damsels with clownfish but i've seen a bunch of tanks on youtube with damsels and clownfish together. i actually say one (55g i think it was) with a 4-striped damsel, ocellaris, and a maroon clown. how that person got them to get along, i have no idea.

yaserrahim

well i ended up getting a 1" longfin bannerfish. i know it's frowned upon to get fish that will outgrow your tank (Funkmotor). but i found out a couple things. i read on a bunch of forums and other sites that longfin bannerfish MOST LIKELY will get more than 6" in a home aquarium. ALSO, i plan on upgrading to a 65-75g in about a month or two so it will have a much bigger home.
i will post pics later today.

yaserrahim

and i've been meaning to ask this for a long time now but i kept forgetting. the pic of the crab that i posted, can anyone tell me what kind of crab that is? at first i just thought it was a red-legged, no idea why. but the legs aren't bright red like some of the other ones ive seen and it's fairly aggressive towards my other crabs and even my coral banded shrimp. i'm thinking of getting rid of it.

yaserrahim

here's the new addition. real cute little guy. again, not the permanent home. i have a 65g aquarium ($100, aquarium only) on hold by someone, so will be getting that in a month or so unless i find a bigger one for a better deal.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Aine

I have a cherub angelfish in my 30 gal... It's doing great! Some individuals nip at corals and clams, but mine doesn't (fingers crossed...). The min tank for them is 30 gal.
I also have a rose BTA under PC ligthing (I have a Biocube), I've had it for 2 months, and it's doing great. I feed it every 2-3 days. No signs of bleaching or anything. When I bought it, I was told that it would be fine with my lighting. I now have some doubts, so at the first signs of illness, I'll find the nem a new home.
Another coral that's great is the chili. I've had mine since February, and I feed it twice a week. It opens all the time, and has grown quite a bit. They need low ligthing.

Anyways, have fun, and good luck! You can find my tank's thread on the nano section of the forum (Aine's saltwater adventure) if you want to see the chili, and the cherub.
Solana 34, but new custom build (41 gallons and 10 gallon sump) in progress!
Ocellaris, pygmy angel, red pistol shrimp, yellow watchman goby, cleaner shrimp, mini carpet anemone, rbta, sps?s, lps?s, softies

Peach-faced lovebird (Octave)
Goldendoodle (Basile)
Standard Poodle (Margot)

Lover of Iceland, nature, travel and music!

Aine

Oh, sorry, I hadn't read that you have a 20g...
Maybe not enough space for the cherub angel...
:-[
Solana 34, but new custom build (41 gallons and 10 gallon sump) in progress!
Ocellaris, pygmy angel, red pistol shrimp, yellow watchman goby, cleaner shrimp, mini carpet anemone, rbta, sps?s, lps?s, softies

Peach-faced lovebird (Octave)
Goldendoodle (Basile)
Standard Poodle (Margot)

Lover of Iceland, nature, travel and music!

yaserrahim

ya having a 20g sucks, there's so many cool fish that require minimum 30g. i can't wait to get a bigger tank.