New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Building a 90gal Marine tank on a $1500.00 budget.

Started by LowKey, April 29, 2005, 11:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowKey

Parameters

Specific Gravity     1.023
Ph         8.4
Alk         ideal
Phos         0
Nitrate         0
Nitrite         0
Cal         500ppm

dannypd

Quote from: "LowKey"Parameters

Specific Gravity     1.023
Ph         8.4
Alk         ideal
Phos         0
Nitrate         0
Nitrite         0
Cal         500ppm

Wow!! detailed!!

Are you using electronic guages or chemical testing?

LowKey

Im using chemical stuff.  Not much room for electronic gauges on $1500.00 budget. LOL

Gravity is measured with the meter

dannypd

Nelson

Excellent LowKey...you must be very proud of your successes :wink:   Have you thought of painting the lower black frame white to match your beautiful hood?

FishPassion

Hi Lowkey,
As you probably know by now I picked up the crushed coral,very nice by the way.
I spoke to your wife briefly and she asked if I wanted to see the 90 gallon. I am impressed you should definitely be proud of your accomplishment, I mentioned to her I best scoot home and work on mine alot more. Truly an inspiration, I have a little work ahead of me to catch up to you.
Good Luck and keep up the good work.
Klaus
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

yellowtang

This is the first time I got see this interesting thread ..........
everything seems to be going as planned by the sounds of it...
one quick question?.
did you manage it to keep it under $1500..as you have predicted.?
or are you also counting live stock and equipment under the same budget?.
keep us posted.please.
I like to budget a tank set up........with a low expenditure.
cheers. 8)
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

LowKey

Wish I could have been there when you stopped by Klaus.  Needles to say, your contribution to the libation fund was vary much appreciated.  Thanks so much for the complements.   Please send me the occasional pic and progress report related to your project.  

Yellowtang, I managed to stay within the initial budget of $1500.00.  I haven't been posting that much lately due to my chaotic schedule.  Spring is crazy busy with fishing, yard work, keeping wife happy, career, beer drinking, and more fishing.  I hardly have the time to make appropriate updates.  My first 10% water change will come this week.   So I will post a progress report along with some better pics shortly after.  

So far, the system runs perfectly and no changes are planned for the immediate future.  

Thanks again for the interest.  I'd love to see your setup as well.  shoot me a pm when you can.  
:wink:

dannypd

Quote from: "LowKey"... with fishing, yard work, keeping wife happy, career, beer drinking, and more fishing.

Some of these things seem impossible!! I'm amazed, at the tank, and the schedual!! :D[/b]