New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

240g Saltwater Tank - Project

Started by Thunda, April 20, 2012, 07:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetJumper

Quote from: Thunda on April 22, 2012, 12:00:01 AM
now that's 4 bags at what 15 or 25 lbs?

Oh sorry.. I believe they were 40lb bags.. so I have 80lb in my tank.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Dakotamay

Quote from: Thunda on April 21, 2012, 12:34:02 PM
Here is a picture of the tank.  We are picking it up from someone that is moving.  We will be ready to pick it up the beginning of May

I know that tank. It's in Athens. Gorgeous tank. We bought some of those corals when Chris was shutting down.  I think you'll like that tank very much. It really is stunning when it's set up.

Thunda

Quote from: JetJumper on April 22, 2012, 12:38:13 AM
Oh sorry.. I believe they were 40lb bags.. so I have 80lb in my tank.

Thanks gives me a good idea then and I can purchase some ahead of time.

Quote from: Dakotamay on April 22, 2012, 06:06:37 AM

I know that tank. It's in Athens. Gorgeous tank. We bought some of those corals when Chris was shutting down.  I think you'll like that tank very much. It really is stunning when it's set up.

It does look like a great tank and the options it allows for aquascaping is wonderful...

Dakotamay

It does. It went up for sale right about the time we were deciding to upgrade. The only reason we didn't buy it was that we really didn't have space for a square tank. Too far out from the wall into the room. That's why we went with a 6 foot by 2 by 2 180g.

Thunda

Quote from: Dakotamay on April 22, 2012, 11:24:26 AM
It does. It went up for sale right about the time we were deciding to upgrade. The only reason we didn't buy it was that we really didn't have space for a square tank. Too far out from the wall into the room. That's why we went with a 6 foot by 2 by 2 180g.

Worked out pretty good for us as the room we plan to put it into is 25x18.  Will make for a nice little separation in the room.  Hope to be able to run the sump to the basement so all water changes etc can be done from there.  Will be interesting getting it set up and start aquascaping.

Thunda

Tank has been moved into the new house.  What a job to get it and then move it in and get it lifted up into place. 

Now to start the process of filling it  ;D

Amy

Love that size! Perfect for a beautiful reef! Can't wait to see it in a couple of months

az

AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Dakotamay

Congrats on the successful move :) Looking forward to the progress pics as they come.

Thunda

Quote from: Amy on May 15, 2012, 09:50:34 AM
Love that size! Perfect for a beautiful reef! Can't wait to see it in a couple of months

Thanks.  Doing the aquascaping will be interesting.  Will be nice having the room to play.

Quote from: az on May 15, 2012, 10:13:02 AM
nice stand too....

Yes he did a nice job on the design and look of the stand.

Quote from: Dakotamay on May 15, 2012, 10:57:02 AM
Congrats on the successful move :) Looking forward to the progress pics as they come.

Tank has a little weight to it that's for sure.  will try and keep photo's of the progress.

Hookup

i am sofa king jealous!!!!

that is beau-it-ful!

Thunda

Quote from: Hookup on May 15, 2012, 06:22:21 PM
i am sofa king jealous!!!!

that is beau-it-ful!

Thanks Hookup.  We have high hopes for it  ;D

Nyx

It looks really good, Todd. Looking forward to seeing the progress. : )
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

Severum

Is that an external overflow box? If so, very sweet. Got a little extra real estate in your tank from that.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

jimskoi

Looks good.

Don't forget to take your time :)

Jim.

Thunda

Quote from: Nyx on May 16, 2012, 09:19:53 AM
It looks really good, Todd. Looking forward to seeing the progress. : )

Thanks, a little here and there will update pictures as more actually changes :)

Quote from: Severum on May 16, 2012, 10:34:45 AM
Is that an external overflow box? If so, very sweet. Got a little extra real estate in your tank from that.

Yeah it is.  Kinda a neat feature and your right will allow us some use of extra space.

Quote from: jimskoi on May 16, 2012, 07:44:34 PM
Looks good.

Don't forget to take your time :)

Jim.

Yes patience is one thing that is key with this hobby.  Also one of the hardest things to follow though too hahaha...

Hookup

darn, ,was hoping for more photos... such great potential...  8) 8) 8)

you have the hardware for my dream tank (yeah i know, i have a new tank in mind already)...

black gravel... center island (drilled thru bottom like mine is) and all reefbrite lights...  LPS maddness tank... nothing buy crazy LPS colored maddness ... 

Thunda

Sorry all.. almost a month without internet.. who'd have thought I would survive lol.

Pic's to follow shortly

bandit

wow your so lucky, I would love to have the room for a tank like this. When i moved my tank 3 yrs ago I batttled hair algea for months after, reason being I moved my sand bed and stirred everything up, eventually it fixed it self. But if I where to do it again I would by all new sand.

What are you doing for aquascaping It would look great with the rock in a large U shape ;)

Thunda

I'm going to post some pictures.. hopefully close to the right order to show the tank progress at least some up till now.