New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Methyl Blue DOGS!!!

Started by soleil1980, March 01, 2011, 07:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soleil1980

So I got home to.....  2 dogs who couldn't deny their involvement in getting a methyl blue bottle half open on the kitchen rug...

Thought I'd share their beautiful guilty faces with you guys! 

So any of you feel like sharing their fish and other pets mishaps?!
60g guppies, female bettas, bushynose plecos, cories, apistos
2 x 5.5g male bettas
10g bredding tank for bettas,
2.5g male betta
20g, divided with babies (bettas, plecos and cories)

Nerine

yikes! are there any side effects from them eating it?!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Nerine

for my pet/fish mishap, I don't have a photo...but Ready ate a brand new ENTIRE container of fish food...was so angry!! and the cats eat the algae disks ALL the time unless I keep them in a sealed hard plastic container!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Mike62

I remember many years ago my parents used to have a piranha in one tank. Our cat would spend hours watching it swim back and forth. One day, when the lid had been carelessly left open, the cat decided it would hook a tasty little morsel out for itself.

The cat walked with a limp for several days after.....
Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

sas

No pics either but our daughters rottie ate the clear soft plastic tubing on one of my pythons.
I thought he had only shredded it but in fact turned out he ate some of it, since come spring
I couldn't figure out where all this plastic had come from that was all over the lawn.

Our border collie begs for fish food too, silly girl ::).

soleil1980

No side effects... they were very happy to show me the mess they made 
2 x 5.5g male bettas
2.5g male betta

vic622

Quote from: soleil1980 on March 02, 2011, 01:49:54 PM
No side effects... they were very happy to show me the mess they made 
I'm hoping there's a Dr. or Nurse in the house to correct me, but I believe that Methylene Blue is given to unsuspecting people at college parties to make them pee green ...
Vic
120g Peninsula Tank

Planted, high tech
Congo Tetra, Pearl Gourami, Honey Gourami
Serpae Tetra
Bronze & Pepper Corydoras, BN Plecos, Yoyo Loaches

ajm1961

This thread is too funny! I am rolling here... hooo
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

soleil1980

Well I didn't go outside to check if my dogs' pee was green but methylene blue is not metabolised by the body (it goes right through) so it would make sense that your pee would be green...  However, I don't know the amount you would need to ingest for it to show up on the other end....  anyway, you have to be pretty messed up already not to notice that your drink is dark blue lol
2 x 5.5g male bettas
2.5g male betta

sas

Quote from: vic622 on March 02, 2011, 05:16:37 PM
I'm hoping there's a Dr. or Nurse in the house to correct me, but I believe that Methylene Blue is given to unsuspecting people at college parties to make them pee green ...

This is killing me as well, I remember this when going to college, phew that makes
me feel ancient!
Being a Vet Tech we had loads of fun, that is safe fun ::).

The pics of your pups are so cute, funny that I just received an email joke
showing a pup that had eaten some red lipstick. It was hilarious.
What would we ever do without our furry and scaled friends to give us a chuckle?

beowulf

Last week my Koda decided he would eat the bag of about a dozen Roma tomatoes I had left on the counter to make a past sauce that night.  I went out for 20 minutes to rent a dvd and he had got onto the counter and had a snack all that was left was the empty, ripped up bag.   >:(