New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

NHL Play-offs

Started by dan2x38, April 10, 2011, 10:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockgarden

I stopped playing competitive hockey at about the age of 21.  In my final game, I scored my only hat-trick. we lost 5-3, and our goalie lost his concentration a couple of times and let in a couple of very easy goals and my body was black and blue the next day from all of the illegal stick work that the referee didn't see. Obviously, I have a tough time watching hockey playoffs at a number of levels but mainly all of the illegal stuff that isn't called.

It is a fun game and there are rules. IMHO a cuff to the face after a whistle should be treated the same as a punch and the instigator should get two minutes.  The blind-side blow to Chara's head was likewise worthy of a penalty. Obviously. I'm not a referee in the NHL! 

People who smash store windows and steal items from those stores are hooligans and thieves. Being intoxicated is no excuse! Obviously, I'm not enforcing the law in Vancouver!

Sorry to see the Canucks lose but from what I saw of the games (I didn't have a TV in my tent), the Canuck players didn't have the zip in their legs much of the last two games.  Luongo should have stopped a couple of the shots in the last game but then losing 4-0 and losing 2-0 would be the same, wouldn't it! Kelly should be happy he was traded when he was.

Hookup

i've said it before... death penalty for all offenses.  Kill off a few people for parking ticket violations and law & order will instantly be achieved. :)

2075turner

Now embarrassed to be a Canadian when we can't show respect for the team that just played better although when watching footage of the people doing damage, most looked like young punks, not fans....still :(

mseguin

Well the local police chief claims it was anarchists that just used the game as an excuse. Hope they nail their butts to the wall. A little police brutality anyone?