New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plastic Money Coming

Started by dan2x38, June 21, 2011, 08:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

I remember when we changed our 20's back in the 70's. When you went to the U.S. it was almost impossible to use them. Then every time we changed them it was just as card - they called it funny money. Now we will exchanging paper money for plastic - try to use those somewhere besides here!

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Canada/1249617.html
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Saltcreep

I can't remember the last time I tried to use Canuck banknotes in the US. I convert a small amount of cash here, and once I cross the border, it's Interac/debit all the way. If you stick with certain banks, there won't even be a terminal fee.

Hookup

Quote from: Saltcreep on June 21, 2011, 02:16:41 PM
I can't remember the last time I tried to use Canuck banknotes in the US. I convert a small amount of cash here, and once I cross the border, it's Interac/debit all the way. If you stick with certain banks, there won't even be a terminal fee.

yeah, i've never been able to use canadian in the US... most of the time I have more US currency in my wallet than Canadian...

Still, plastic based money sounds cool... too bad i'll never have $100 bills...  :P :( :o :'( :'( :'(

dan2x38

I never have money on me but my LFS's do... LMAO
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Dorrie

Quote from: dan2x38 on June 21, 2011, 08:09:21 AMNow we will exchanging paper money for plastic - try to use those somewhere besides here!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer_banknote: "As of 2010, seven countries have converted fully to polymer banknotes: Australia, Bermuda, Brunei, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Romania, and Vietnam.
Other countries and regions with notes printed on Guardian polymer in circulation include: Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Hong Kong (for a 2-year trial), Indonesia, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, Singapore, Solomon Islands (no longer issued), Sri Lanka, Thailand, Samoa and Zambia.
Countries and regions that have issued commemorative banknotes (which are not in circulation) on Guardian polymer include: China, Taiwan, Kuwait, Northern Ireland1 and Singapore."
Yeah, we're going to be pretty lonely ;)