New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Great another storm!

Started by NanoSF, July 17, 2011, 08:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brotherluv

It's NASA what can I say...I definitely trust this source!

Jeff1192

I have been out of town on holidays during this discussion....we left the morning after that huge storm.

For that storm there was no damage in our area and we actually didn't lose power for once.

But once again we lost power during last nights storm.

As far as the whole global warming debate.....I think it's a lot of junk science.  Al Gore claimed NY would be underwater by now and David Suzuki says that anyone who questions climate change should be thrown in jail. He will walk out on interviewers who question the validity of man-made climate change. To me.....that speaks volumes about his position.

As for who would stand to make money from this sot of thing.....last I checked Al Gore was a gazillionaire (my figures might be off a bit).

I would much rather see our government spend money for the environment on things we KNOW for sure are a problem. Instead of all this ridiculous waste on climate change how about cleaning up pollution and stopping things like raw sewage flowing into the Ottawa River.

I wish I had the scientist's name but there were 2 Canadian climatologists on CFRA's Late Night Counsel a few months back. They are both university professors (one's from Carleton I think). They were both of the opinion that man-made climate change was bad science and they gave some very compelling arguments in favour of their position including explaining who gets selected for things like the UN panel on climate change. The UN scientists claim to speak for all scientists when in fact they only speak for a very small group fo them. They went on to explain that if the group at the UN knows that you question man-made climate change you are not welcome at any of the lectures or meetings.

Sorry I just had to contribute my 2 cents on the whole climate change thing because it drives me nuts.....now back to the main topic.

That storm was nuts last night!

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell