Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Balloon weekend

Started by rockgarden, September 02, 2011, 10:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockgarden

It's the Gatineau Balloon Festival weekend!

For those interested in the details of the Gatineau Balloon Festival, I've added some links and details to my blog entry for today (www.megapixeltravel.com).  I'm planning on being on the Gatineau side of the river for at least one day of the event but those who prefer to just sit and watch the balloons or fireworks (for free) find a nice spot on the Ottawa side and set out your blanket or lawn chair around the the 6 o'clock launch time for the balloons (both 6AM and 6 PM).  Fireworks are scheduled for 10:15PM on Saturday (past my bedtime :-))

A side note: My bird list with links to my photos of a few hundred bird photos is now viewable on-line at our website.  It is still a work in progress but sufficiently advanced now for public viewing. I've done a lot of typing already but it is still a work in progress.  Eventually I plan on doing something similar with my fish photos but that is a future project for maybe 2012 or 2013  :). Link to bird list is: http://www.megapixeltravel.com/identification-guides/identification-guides-birds/

Hope to get to the first Fall meeting.
Ron