New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS LIbrary's News Letter - Apr 09

Started by washefuzzy, April 23, 2009, 08:33:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

washefuzzy

Apr 09
OVAS Library's News Letter

Hello OVAS Members

I hope you are all enjoying the beautiful spring weather.

The Library has acquired a wonderful book on Corals, A quick Reference Guide, by Julian Sprung and published by Oceanographic Series.
Each page has the Latin name, common name and the region the coral is from. Each page has several wonderful colored pictures of each coral , a description of  the corals and  corals that look similar.
And each corals lighting needs, water flow, aggressiveness, hardiness and best placement is shown
in a nice little chart.

Books I will be bringing to the April meeting are:

Freshwater Fishes a Peterson Field Guide
                     By Lawrence Page/Brooks Burr
How to build a pond – Video
Cichlids Yearbook, Vol# 6 by Ad Konings
Dictionary of Aquarium Terms – 1000 definitions and data
New Aquarium Handbook by Ines Scheurmann
Most Complete Colored Lexicon of Cichlids by Dr. Herbert R. Axelrod
                                       (weighs 10lbs)

These books can be borrowed with a $5 deposit on each book. You can also put on hold any of the books and pick them up at the meeting, at the breakfast at Summerhayes or at my place.

The library also contains many other subjects. There are many books on cichlids, fresh water fish, salt water fish, some plant books, a couple of books on diseases, fish encyclopedia and also books on invertebrates.

If you check under "About OVAS" on the left hand side of the page you will find the OVAS Library's site with a list of most of the books we have.
http://ovas.ca/index.php?page=99

Need any questions answered, looking for a specific book or information just PM me and I will do my best to help you out.

Joyce Landry
OVAS Librarian.