New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Just got a good deal on a 90G tank!!! YAY

Started by Ruber, August 20, 2014, 07:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruber

I Got a good deal on a 90G tank that had African cichlids in there until recently.

He is selling the 90G with canape and stand,   heaters, 2 filters, airpump and powerhead and everything aquarium related.

Everything for 80$       so ill go check it out tonight

Anyone have a good link for african Cichids?    I will try that out.

I'll upload some pics when I pick it up.

:)

Ruber

Ok so deal wasn't that great but got it reduced to 40$  because the 90 Gallon mite be leaking,  caulking seems to be pealing inside the aquarium, Im going to have to read up on how to reseal it.

2 filters are aquaclear 70 and aquaclear 110    the 70 looks fine,   the 110 the seal on the motor is finished and leaking.

New powerhead thats a plus.    marineland maxi-jet 900

200 Watt heater.

he gave me a Python 25 foot,   that alone is worth around 60$

substrate and big rocks and a big driftwood

small air pump

and a test kit that expires in 2015

And free thick green algae that seems to have been there and running on it for a year.   I mean this stuff is thick and a pain to take off everything,   The way I see it I payed 40$ for the Python that I needed anyways and everything else was a bonus.

ftan

I never buy a used tank unless its full of water and operational.
90 gallons of water on your floor will cost you thousands in damage.
A new tank from Bigals sells for 180.00
75g  congo tertas
        columbian tetras
        torpedo barbs
        tinfoil barbs

10g planted
pair of killifish

lucius

Wow, all that for $40.  ;D

Does the AC70 actually fit on the 90 gallon?  I have some older AC300's and they weren't wide enough to go on my 75 and 90 gallon. 

Mike L

Hey Ruber
Looks like a couple of new cichlid builds going on. I feel like a kid in a candy store.  Here is a link to quebec cichlid. They do orders and ship. Seems like there could be a group order which I would be glad to arrange as I want something they have, but there is a $150.00 minimum. We can split the costs on shipping. Here is the link.  Just click on freshwater and go from there.Mostly F-0 and F-1 and a selection of fishes that you don't normally see at a reasonable cost. I have dealt with them before as have at least one member on this site. They are great and very helpful. Maybe we can carpool, go down there and make a day. just a thought.
http://www.quebec-cichlides.com/index_eng.php

Pyrrolin

I have experience resealing two Hagen 90 gallons if you need help on resealing it.

You got a good deal.  Just be sure to test the tank for a few days for leaks in a safe place.  If it is the same as the tanks I have resealed then you have two choices, spend quite a few hours fixing it cheap or buy a new one.  I would inspect the glass closely for scratches and decide from there.  No use spending hours resealing a tank as a display tank when it isn't display quality.

Ruber

I'm picking it up tomorrow night once My mother comes back with my pickup truck,   She pulls her camper with it for the county festivals.

I did not have a chance to check out the aquarium for scratches at all, since it was dark and so much algae on it.

I did how ever test the power head and airpump both work and also the typhoon looks new.    So far so good.

Ill pick it up monday night and leave it on my picnic table outside to clean it up , then i'll look for scratches and figure things from there,    Tank will be going in the basement so I dont mind if there is a couple small scratches,   I do mind it there is a lot of them.  I looked at so many video's on how to reseal aquarium,   I'll probably end up trying.    filling it with water outside for a couple days to see if I have leaks