New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plant mania get together

Started by charlie, March 09, 2009, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Ok plant folks, depending on interest shown here, i would like to organise a gathering of folks who have a interest in planted aquaria, i think it would be a good opportunity for us to get together perhaps @ a restaurant exchange ideas, discuss plant issues, problems & even do a quiz, if this sounds interesting please indicate here in this thread, i`m thinking a week end  eveningtowards the end of  March early April.

dan2x38

If the date/time works I would be interested... Charlie drinks on you? ;)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

pminister

Id be interested as well.....Like Dan said.......if time n dates are good.

charlie

Alright , let`s try a date & time , how about Sat. March 28the @ 4 or 5 PM  or April 4th @ 4 or 5 PM ?? & i`ll even go to the Chinese Buffet on Carling  ;).( Lincoln Heights area)

RebeccaB

I'd be interested, but not going to the Chinese buffet though!  How about a pub, that way some of us can get drinks and some can order food if they prefer.
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

charlie

Quote from: RebeccaB on March 09, 2009, 02:49:30 PM
I'd be interested, but not going to the Chinese buffet though!  How about a pub, that way some of us can get drinks and some can order food if they prefer.
That works too, majority rules  ;)

Fishnut

I'm good for either date, as long as we dicide soon. 

I vote for a pub.  I'm allergic to 90% of the Chinese diet. ::)

BigDaddy

The 4th works better for me as its my "off custody" week so I don't have to hunt for a babysitter.

zima

I'm in! April the 4th works better for me, and I'm voting for the pub, although a Chinese buffet will work just fine for me.

bulldozer911

i'm partial to the buffet. of course i live next to it.. so it couldn't be easier =) but i'm up for meeting wherever too!

chris

charlie

Response is looking favourable for April 4th @ a Pub, perhaps we can even do some plant trade /sell /grab bag type a thing   ;), now if we can only get fischkopp jetstream , Leng, Jeff1192, Toss & all the other plant crazies to come out  :D, great to hear how those 500 bags of plant from the giant auction is doing   :D or find out more about them one on one   ;)

smalltownfan

Count me in, either day works, as for the location...a pub is good...if they've got good munchies and Stella on tap ;D
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

charlie

This is looking good , how about a 2.00PM start ??

RebeccaB

I can't make it for a 2pm start. I have a spa appointment.  I could make it for 3pm - how about Paddy's Pub, or a Royal Oak....both have good beer on tap and the food is decent.
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

dan2x38

4th sounds fine - Pub OK like the Oak they have awesome deep fried mushrooms... yummy! Sounds like a go Charlie thanks for the efforts.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

pminister

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Jeff1192

Sounds like a great idea......but I may have to work.....so I'll put myself at tentative....and hoping to be able to make it.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

pcole6765

not sure if we can make it for 2 but the original time of 4 or 5 works better for us.

charlie

Wow , this is very encouraging, i`m sure over the next few weeks more of the wet thumbs will signal their intention to join us, i propose we bring a few clippings , plants for exchange , sell etc, maybe make a wish list, i have a  plant related quiz for group particpation,  no prizes just a good learning experience.
It looks like April 4th @ 4.00PM is a good time to congregate & the Royal Oak is as good as any , now the tough one  - which location? I think we should agree on a central location with easy & free parking, so i think that rules out Bank st & Downtown  :P, any suggestions.
Heck i might even indulge in a cold Stella  , it`s been a while  :D