New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

tanks update

Started by charlie, August 22, 2009, 07:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

This summer both of my planted tanks really suffered from lack of maintenance due to several factors, as a result i lost a few plants & is still battling some nagging algae issues,but the tanks are on the upswing.
Many thanks to the members who kindly donated some plants to help replenish the ones i lost, there are still a couple more i want to replace.
Here are a couple of pics of  the tanks as they are now .

[attachment deleted by admin]

sdivell

The Tanks still look amazing Charlie.  The 59g looks like an under water jungle.

Awesome  :D

cichlidicted

exv152

Nice tanks, what kind of filters are you running on the 75 gal?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

fischkopp

It's hard to tell that there are any plants missing. Your tanks are as amazing as we always knew them!  ;)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Thanks all  ;),exv152 the filters are 1 - Eheim pro 11 2026 & 1 - Eheim classic 2215
more details of the tanks can be found in this thread
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=32616.0

RoxyDog

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Zigot

I don't see anything missing?.. lol
They look amazing!

jart

charlie

A month later , i have moved some plants , taken out some & added a piece of driftwood in the 75 gln.

Jeff1192

Wow....looks great....where did you find that piece of driftwood?

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

pminister

sweet setup, which plants are those to the lower left in clumps of 4-5 ? i think those were the ones from the tropica order you did a while back....

fischkopp

Hehe, that piece of wood really makes a big difference. Good pick! :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Thanks guy`s.will update when the plants grow in some.

pminister - the plant is Lobelia cardinalis, it did not come from the Tropica order.

Yeah i was never one for too much driftwood,but i think i`m now a convert  ;)
Jeff i got it from Big Al`s East
Regards

Consigliere

Awesome looking tank Charlie.  Love the driftwood/dutch style combo.  That's a nice centrepiece of wood.

charlie

Quote from: Consigliere on September 30, 2009, 02:05:51 AM
Awesome looking tank Charlie.  Love the driftwood/dutch style combo.  That's a nice centrepiece of wood.
Thanks,
The truth is i don`t really dwell into any specific aquascaping guidelines, i`m more of a what can i fit in that spot  ;D
Regards

OttawaFolkFestivum

Sweet Errol! Thanks for posting the pictures.
Cheers, Steve

jart

What type of gouramis are those? Do you recommend them?

charlie

Quote from: OttawaFolkFestivum on September 30, 2009, 09:32:41 PM
Sweet Errol! Thanks for posting the pictures.
Thanks
Quote from: jart on September 30, 2009, 10:28:15 PM
What type of gouramis are those? Do you recommend them?
J R they are Pearl gouramis, i would absolutely recommend them  ;)
Regards

charlie

The 59 gln as of today, the tank is really rebounding nicely.