New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Interest in meeting

Started by charlie, March 30, 2010, 05:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

I`m in the hunt to find out if there is any interest of planted tank hobbyist getting together - monthly /bi monthly  etc,this would be a loosely organized gathering where people with a interest in planted aquariums can exchange ideas, experiences & anything related to planted aquariums, it will be held at some public facility to be determined.
Please note that this would not be in anyway associated with the club(OVAS) or any LFS or other, no interest in promoting any site or business, just a simple group of like minded hobbyist learning from each other experiences,please indicate via the poll your interest.
Regards
Again this is not promoted or associated with OVAS or any LFS.

fischkopp

Good idea! A long time has passed since our last planted-tank gathering ... :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

wish_Fish

depends on the date and time.. would try to be there indeed!

cichlidicted

Same here .. time is an issue for me ... I know ovas monthly meeting are in conflict with my classes ! ill try to come  for sure when i can skip ..

zima

I would be interested, depending on time and date.

Fishnut

I would love to attend another Plant get-together!  It will depend on the date and time, but I'll make an effort to be there.  Tuesdays and Wednesdays are no good for me but otherwise I'm good...not that I expect it to be scheduled around my schedule :).

wish_Fish

i was wondering if weekends would be better...

Jovnik

Count me in! But I work evening shifts and for me only weekend is good...

Anja

I have a lot of monthly stuff in my calendar already, so would prefer bimonthly or once a quarter. I also think  that less frequent meetings would be more likely to retain interest over a longer period. Weekday evenings for me would be ok except Mondays and Thursdays.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

karjean

It would be an interesting get together, but i would also prefer it to be either every 2 or 3 months.

charlie

This response is looking promising, i`m liking the idea of weekend & every 2 months.
So here is what i`m proposing - A Saturday late afternoon say 5.00 PM ish , any suggestions of a mid point location that would be conducive to us chatting , perhaps showing of a short video, having a bite etc(( Busy & loud places would not work)
Lets hear your suggestions
Regards Errol

charlie

Quote from: charlie on April 18, 2010, 09:30:07 AM
This response is looking promising, i`m liking the idea of weekend & every 2 months.
So here is what i`m proposing - A Saturday late afternoon say 5.00 PM ish , any suggestions of a mid point location that would be conducive to us chatting , perhaps showing of a short video, having a bite etc(( Busy & loud places would not work)
Lets hear your suggestions
Regards Errol
Last night at the meeting they were several inquiring minds, so how about if we shoot for Saturday May 15Th 5.30 PM Summerhays Baseline & Woodruff or some other place you guy`s can suggest?

zima

A tentative "yes" for me. Thanks for coordinating this, Errol!

fischkopp

Quote from: charlie on April 27, 2010, 10:13:02 AM
Saturday May 15Th 5.30 PM Summerhays Baseline & Woodruff

That day would work for us. Might be a chance to find out what they serve past 12pm ...  ;D
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Anja

Quote from: fischkopp on April 27, 2010, 08:04:37 PM
That day would work for us. Might be a chance to find out what they serve past 12pm ...  ;D

I second that and.  8)
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

RebeccaB

Sounds like fun. I am a tentative yes!
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

wish_Fish

not sure if i can get that sat off since i will have to have the weekend after off for the convention. 

fortunateson

I will be there just name a time and place.....

sas

I'd love to take part if I could hitch a ride from someone in my area. I'd definitely help with gas.
Hubby usually drives in with me to meetings but I don't think he'd be impressed having to sit
through a bunch of plant enthusiasts talking greenery. I think I might be pushing it.

Fishnut

I'm a yes for that date and time.  I'll be happy to bring my laptop if we need to look at a video on DVD.  As long as I can plug it in though...the battery is 100% dead  ;D