New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plantaholics Anonymous Part |||

Started by daworldisblack, May 31, 2012, 12:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daworldisblack

Well after the regulator build (http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=53421.msg302102;topicseen#new), we had a little chat and felt it was time for another plantaholics meet-up! Lets discuss details on when,where,who and what! Lets go!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

androo303

As long as you dont mind a guy who doesn't know the latin or technical terms of plants, but does enjoy the hobby and looks of them...

I AM GOING TO TRY MY DAMNDEST TO MAKE IT THIS TIME!

exv152

Count me in too, just name the place and time.
;D
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Fishnut

I've missed the last few because I haven't been following this forum...I'm in!  Let me know when and where :)

sylros

Hey! I was also asking the same thing at the last OVAS meeting. lol I so enjoyed the last one, loved the demoes. Anyone willing to do a show and tell, doesn't matter about the latin names of plants...all i want to know is what are you doing different, lessons learned...It's also a way to ask questions...let's say you've tried to build a tank for a certain look and it didn't pan out...well you can do a show about it and get some feedback. LoL...For those who weren't there last time, we tried to do some trouble shooting for my larger tank...I'm due for more pictures after implementing some of the advice.

Anyway, my place is always up for hosting...we can do a BBQ...or have it mostly outside instead of inside. But I don't want to be greedy, so I'll go wherever and whenever.

Sylvie

daworldisblack

Quote from: sylros on May 31, 2012, 10:30:12 PM
Hey! I was also asking the same thing at the last OVAS meeting. lol I so enjoyed the last one, loved the demoes. Anyone willing to do a show and tell, doesn't matter about the latin names of plants...all i want to know is what are you doing different, lessons learned...It's also a way to ask questions...let's say you've tried to build a tank for a certain look and it didn't pan out...well you can do a show about it and get some feedback. LoL...For those who weren't there last time, we tried to do some trouble shooting for my larger tank...I'm due for more pictures after implementing some of the advice.

Anyway, my place is always up for hosting...we can do a BBQ...or have it mostly outside instead of inside. But I don't want to be greedy, so I'll go wherever and whenever.

Sylvie

Sylvie, a BBQ sounds awesome! I vote yes!  ;D

wolfiewill

Count me in. I had fun and learned lots last time. A barbeque sounds terrific. G
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

Ok this sounds good, when can we do this?
Let`s finalize a date.

sylros

Ok so which evening would be best? I say evening because my weekend are booked and it will August! So how is a Thursday sound. Either the 21 or 28? Let me know if it works for you. If so who is volunteering to do a talk or demo?

sylros

Hey plantaholics...please let me know if Thursday the 21 or 28th is good for you. If not, please feel free to suggest another evening...I would offer a weekend timeframe but I'm booked until mid August...no kidding.

A BBQ it is! the backyard is ready! We will supply the meat and a couple of salads - potato and a coleslaw. We have pop but feel free to byob and munchies. Oh yeah, let me know if anyone is vegetarian so that we can make sure you eat too!

Thanks,
Sylvie

Shawn84

A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

fischkopp

As much as we enjoyed the company last time, but weekdays don't work for us at the moment. Next time for us.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

charlie

Weekdays evening @ present is tough for me, but if the majority can make it , i`ll try except the 28 th.
Errol

sylros

Things have changed for me and there would be a possibility on the Canada Long weekend!...Is Friday night considered a weekday night? If that weekend is not good then I'm afraid it will end up being in September...no kidding as my daughter is getting married and a good number of my family will be staying over all of August. Lot's of prep work to do too!

If you want to have a get together, someone else might have to host.

Thanks,
Sylvie

charlie

Maybe we should hold off until late August, since the lack of interest is  evident in this thread.
Errol

sylros

I don't think it's interest, it's more availability...everyone's busy with summer stuff, sports, cottages and visitors.

it's OK to postpone, August/September can still be very nice to have a BBQ. Also, if someone can host, then maybe they'll have more free time that I at the moment and it might still be possible.

What do you all think plantaholics, although it would be nice to get together, should we postpone to end of summer?

Thanks,
Sylvie

exv152

That's too bad, I was looking forward to this...
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

touchofsky

Summer is always a hard time to arrange things, because people are so busy with holidays and such.  I am willing to host, but I think the attendance would be small because of the drive out here.

daworldisblack

Yeap Summer does seem like a busy time for everyone with too many things going on. I wouldn't mind waiting till later in the summer as well. Weekdays and evenings are busy busy busy and weekends are just as crazy :)