New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plantaholics anonymous IV

Started by charlie, October 19, 2013, 09:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Well fellow planted tank hobbyist & friends, a few of us have voiced a desire for another fun , friendly gathering.
If you can take sometime out on Sunday Nov. 10 to spend a few hours  to gather at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 595 on Bank St ( Bank & Walkley) @ 1.00 PM ? please indicate in this thread.
The Legion has a paid bar, we can do a pot luck for the food.
I will confirm the location soon.
Any other suggestions welcomed , lets do this.
http://www.rcl595.ca/contact.html
Errol

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

nooooooo.. looks like i'm missing this one :( Going to lose my PA Streak Badge!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

bettabreeder

charlie

Since it's memorial seasin for our fallen heroes & veterans. The legion is in full use on
The 10 th, we can have it on the 3 rd or the 17 th
Please let me know what is the prefered day
Regards

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

bettabreeder

The 3rd might work for me pending on lacrosse playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

fischkopp

That may work, hoping that nothing comes up.

I may throw in Greg's basement as other location. Unfortunately I missed the meeting there and had no chance to see his tanks in person. :) Otherwise the legion is ok too ...
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

wolfiewill

I'm planning to host again after Christmas like last year. It works for several reasons, but the fall and early winter are too busy around here to consider doing it 'till then.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on October 21, 2013, 01:46:40 PM
+3 on the 3rd!

I have confirmed Nov 3 rd with the legion, so we are good to go.
Errol

lucius

Should be in now

alexv

220g FW Community planted: SAE (5), Puntius denisonii (4), clown loach (2), Yoyo loach (3), kuhli loach (3), otocinclus affinis (2), rummynose tetra (3), harlequin rasbora (17), rope fish (1), glass catfish (3), bamboo shrimp (2), upside-down catfish (2), Chinese algae eater (2), rubber-lipped pleco (2), cherry shrimp (many)

55g FW Community planted: Black ghost knifefish (2), Armored bichir (2), banjo catfish (2),  Rosy tetra (2)

ajm1961

I might drop in - anyone bringing plants to swap or sell?
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

charlie

Quote from: ajm1961 on October 24, 2013, 07:38:13 PM
I might drop in - anyone bringing plants to swap or sell?
Looking forward to seeing you.
There is always a few plants around  ;)

charlie

Ok folks, it's this Sunday from 1.00 pm
Pot luck , paid bar cheap.
Looks like we have 8 or 9 commted, Legion is licence for 100 +so lots of room for more LOL
Pool table & dart board available
See you. On Sunday.

wolfiewill

Ok. I'm coming, and I've got a lot of plants to spare. If anyone wants anything on this list please pm me and I'll bring it. I've got Cryptocoryne wendtii 'brown' (four only), C. parvula (four also), C. retrospyralis (1 only), Rotalla indica (lots), Bolbitis heudelotii (lots), Sagattaria subulata (a few only), Bacopa caroliniana (maybe 15 stems), and Red Tiger lotus (3 med, 2 small). All are submerged at the moment and I will cut them as you request. Cheers.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

lucius

Quote from: charlie on October 22, 2013, 12:28:50 PM
I have confirmed Nov 3 rd with the legion, so we are good to go.
Errol

Errol, are plates and cutlery available?  If not, I will bring paper plates and plastic cutlery.

charlie

Quote from: lucius on November 01, 2013, 09:37:42 AM
Errol, are plates and cutlery available?  If not, I will bring paper plates and plastic cutlery.
Sounds good.
For the others 8 or so, can we get a teaser of what you are bringing?

lucius

I will also be bringing potato salad, cole slaw or something like that.