New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What did you get @ Aquamania 2013?

Started by charlie, March 26, 2013, 01:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

I`ll start it off  :D
I had no intention of buying anything , since i did not need anything, but i the few mins. i had on Saturday to look around a Bag of" ADA Amazonia new" jumped off a table from Angelfins and knocked me over  :) a  little later a glass box made with Starfire glass on CAD lights table somehow got into the back seat of my car - thanks to the person who put it there :P.
On Sunday while on break the person sitting next to me held my hand up & next thing i knew i was paying for some needle leaf java fern  ;D
Can`t figure out how these things happen to me & why.

exv152

Quote from: charlie on March 26, 2013, 01:38:39 PM
I`ll start it off  :D
I had no intention of buying anything , since i did not need anything, but i the few mins. i had on Saturday to look around a Bag of" ADA Amazonia new" jumped off a table from Angelfins and knocked me over  :) a  little later a glass box made with Starfire glass on CAD lights table somehow got into the back seat of my car - thanks to the person who put it there :P.
On Sunday while on break the person sitting next to me held my hand up & next thing i knew i was paying for some needle leaf java fern  ;D
Can`t figure out how these things happen to me & why.

So you finally broke down and bought ada aquasoil eh? You won't regret it! I bought some needle leaf java, a crypt, a male and female pair of rare killis from SAM, and six juvenile angels to be grown out in a barebottom tank for now.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: exv152 on March 26, 2013, 01:46:37 PM
So you finally broke down and bought ada aquasoil eh? You won't regret it! I bought some needle leaf java, a crypt, a male and female pair of rare killis from SAM, and six juvenile angels to be grown out in a barebottom tank for now.
Yes i did , now i can talk about it from personal experience  ;)

bitterman

-Corals from Aqua Valley ( http://www.aquavalley.ca )
-Corals from Aylmer Salties (Phil)
-This skimmer (http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=48&products_id=235) from cad lights. When I get it install will do a review.
-Thermometer from http://angelfins.ca
-some gravel
-Some endlers from Fishbuddy.

Stussi613

I bought:

A package of Repashy Gel Food for my fry
A giant air pump for my soon to be setup fry tanks
North Fins cichlid food from OVAS

and last, but certainly not least...

An 8g Starfire tank and BioBalls reactor from CAD lights to start up my journey into the salty side after all the pressure I've been getting from Phil and Seb to take the plunge into the salty world! 

8)
I haz reef tanks.

zenins

I got several pieces of mopani wood from Angel Fins as well as a 22 inch long glass cleaner.

In the auction, as mentioned in another other thread, I got a bag of Xystichromis sp. "dayglow" Rift Lake cichlids and the 5 gallon Metaframe chrome frame aquarium,
to join my childhood Metaframe chrome aquarium from the late 1960's, that I am still using ... yes !
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

Shawn84

I was controlling myself this year only pick up 4 Betta Edithea and also I won the Zoo Med T5HO light from the raffle.  Some of my tank are sitting empty waiting for new stock ;)
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

crazy 4 fish

Oh Shawn I let you have those Betta. Lol. And remember you owe Carole-Anne and I a cut of your raffle winnings bc we told you you won. I got the other bag of 3 month old Betta Edithae and some adults. I also picked up a beautiful white Dumbo eared female betta and by some crazy stroke of luck a 75 gal tank. I still can't believe I won. I had a great time ... even with my bronchitis ... and always a pleasure seeing you guys.

Dan

Well I definitely took advantage of the auction...

Live Stock
- Three fire cichlids (1 male and two females...looking to breed) - 18$;
- 2 Pachypanchax Killfish (male and female...hoping they turn out to be a breeding pair) - 12$.

Stuff
- a bran new ZooMed 501 Nano Filter (2 to 10 gal) - 35$
- a KH test kit - ?$
- a power head (like new - with flow control -  4$ )
- filter media - 6$
- A 48' T8 fluorescent bulb (took a chance on this one...at this point Shawn was going so fast that I was bidding on everything...it's a reef bulb and I am fresh water (i.e. I got a great deal on something I did not need  :D) Going to be bringing it in at next meeting as a donation to OVAS) - ?$
- A DIY CO2 Reactor - 2$ (It's going to be fun incorporating this in my existing setup).

Plants:
- 3 large bags of Straight Val (enough to cover the sides and back of my 90 gal...stayed up planting until 1:00AM. Tons of Fun!) 8$, 8$, 8$
- Crypt 6$
- 4 x Rotala...something :) ?$

I spent a bit more that I had planned on...but I had a blast! Thank you to the organisers!

woof99

I planned on getting 1 item, a 15gallon tank...instead I left with a 20 gallon, a 10 gallon, a lighthood for a 10gallon (not including the one that came with 10g tank)  a bunch of albino BN pleco's, (to replace the ones I sold!), a piece of driftwood and some assasin snails. 
When I mention to my friends that I attend a fish auction people always look at me funny!!  :)
I always have a blast!
Thanks for organizing such a great event! 
Amazing job by OVAS and all the volunteers!

cdylnicki

I think I bought everything that Michel Drolet had for sale!

Aphyosemion splendopleure (killis)
Pseudosphromensus dayi
fundulopanchax gardneri lafia {though I only seem to have gotten females (boo!)}
Betta ocellata - Im obsessed!!!
Panchypanchax sakaramyi jofreville
Betta Edithae
Betts Schalleri
Starlight Pleco
Columbian Zeba Pleco
baby bushynose pleco
bushynose pleco (4 larger)
Canopy for my 75 gallon tank - $40!  Woohoo
a refractometer ($4!!!) wow wow wow

I (may) have had to set up 3 more tanks to home these guys!!  Thankfully my husband was okay with that!!  I was like "but they need to have tanks for themselves!!"

FishBuddy

I've been extremely good this year and only ended up with the following livestocks:

- 10 protomelas taeniolatus juvies (red empress)
- 3 placidochromis electra; only wish there were more batches in the auction as these guys are amazing. 

The highlight for me this year is getting a Fluval Ebi 8G shrimp kit for $65 taxes in!  Thanks Angelfins!  Now I regret for  not get another one at this price :(

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

zenins

Quote from: cdylnicki on March 28, 2013, 08:36:25 PM
I (may) have had to set up 3 more tanks to home these guys!!  Thankfully my husband was okay with that!!  I was like "but they need to have tanks for themselves!!"

MTS* is a hobby not an affliction ;)

Carry on :)

* MTS - Multiple Tank Syndrome
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards