New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Eggs

Started by Calico3, September 29, 2020, 11:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calico3

Hello :  I have some powder blue Ram eggs that I noticed yesterday. . The parents are protecting them . My concern is that they are in a tank with 2 other blue Rams and 3 glow tetras.  A surprise .......  I want to prepare the tank as best I can, as I do know that the majority of eggs are viable with just a couple with fungus. These blues are first time parents and I guess the eggs they are protecting would be classified as a small clutch. What can I do to perhaps be able to raise some fry ?    Long term I will move the other fish into another aquarium but I am afraid to attempt to move any fish at this time and cause the parents to eat the eggs.

Hoping for the best but not expecting favourable results because of the other tank occupants. I will go to Al's sometime today to see about perhaps purchasing some supplies that may help me,  I do have brine shrimp eggs and some vinegar eels    Any suggestions on how to proceed successfully ?  Also the parents seem to be moving the eggs ?

I will try to purchase some floating plants from Al's but are aware that all supplies are low because of Covid.   I did have a clutch of german ram eggs hatch but unfortunately they were eaten quickly.