New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Server Upgrade

Started by darkdep, February 09, 2007, 09:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitterman

I have been getting this also!

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

darkdep

Should just be a temporary blip.

Alas, it would seem we're becoming a victim of our own success.  :(

normc

beowulf

Been getting the same error for the last couple of hours on and off.

mtlmike

Yeah, it happened to me just once yesterday, but I just refrehed and all was well.

darkdep

babblefish1960

I would have to second mtlmike's observation, it is deadly slow this afternoon and many smf connection pages. Piffle and tosh, I hope it's a glitch and not a pattern.

s0me

I would like to point out again that I have a server based out in Toronto that I would be more than happy to let you guys use. There is nothing running on it and the latency is >15ms.

Please give it some thought, it's sitting there lonely and wants bandwidth love!

charlie

Quote from: bitterman on February 12, 2007, 01:22:37 PM
I have been getting this also!

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.
Got this message a few times also, as well as being slow.
Regards

babblefish1960

It seems to be working rather well right now, but then it would wouldn't it, most of North America has gone nappers already. ;)

beowulf

Quote from: babblefish1960 on February 13, 2007, 12:51:50 AM
It seems to be working rather well right now, but then it would wouldn't it, most of North America has gone nappers already. ;)

Only special people like you take cat-naps here and there during the day so as to be able to post here at ungodly hours.

fishycanuck

Squashy kiss to DrinkDark for making it so.

babblefish1960

Well, I'm sure the drinkdep enjoyed the squashy kiss immensly, however, having said that, I was wondering when our upgrade will be upgrading, and whether or not it might include 2 servers, one for the data base, and the other for the questions to the database? Don't I sound all technical now. :) Just a thought.

Quote from: beowulf on February 13, 2007, 06:18:51 AM
Only special people like you take cat-naps here and there during the day so as to be able to post here at ungodly hours.
If I took catnaps, wouldn't I be eschewing hairballs regularly by suggesting them onto your shoes? ;D

kennyman

quite a bit of issues today around 3:30.

babblefish1960

I agree with the KM, it has been hit and miss today, but mid afternoon with only 65 people on line, it choked plenty.

babblefish1960

Here we go again, up and down again, reminds me of an Alice Cooper song regarding his sub character Stephen. Found at approximately 8 pm.

This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota

Please contact this site's webmaster.

Wait a few minutes and use your browser's "Back" button or click here to try again.

If you are the webmaster, your account may have exceeded for one or more of the following reasons:

* Your site has used more than 20% of the cpu.
    * Your account has too many processes running at the same time.
    * Your site was consuming too many resources. This happens on occassion to very busy sites that have inefficient scripts running.

busdriver

Is it just me or have things like speed and other problems been resolved?
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

darkdep

The site is pretty stable right now, yes.  However, growth is still occurring at an alarming pace.  It's fantastic for the club and the web site, but of course we need to plan for it.  The OVAS Web site is growing in traffic by 11-13% per month currently.

beowulf

Quote from: DarkDep on April 09, 2007, 02:42:59 PM
The site is pretty stable right now, yes.  However, growth is still occurring at an alarming pace.  It's fantastic for the club and the web site, but of course we need to plan for it.  The OVAS Web site is growing in traffic by 11-13% per month currently.

Maybe I'll stop posting for a while and things will go back to normal.... ;)

darkdep

It's not you, it's babble.  When he posts the lights dim in the server room.