New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Chat events

Started by succinctfish, June 05, 2007, 03:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennyman

Will there be a theme to this discussion and will he be able to talk about anyting else besides EI in the time he has?

charlie

Quote from: kennyman on July 01, 2007, 06:00:45 AM
Will there be a theme to this discussion and will he be able to talk about anyting else besides EI in the time he has?
Interesting question, i`m curious too.
Regards

BigMomma

We've left it as an open-ended discussion, feel free to ask Tom whatever questions you would like.  While I am guessing a lot of talk will be about planted tanks, I'm sure there will be some other discussion around Tom's other areas of interest as well

sas

Looking forward to another chat, especially one on planted tanks etc. I'll be there definitely but not sure I'll have any intelligent questions to ask :D, VERY much on a gradual learning curve. Thanks again OVAS for putting these on.

dan2x38

:( got a meeting that evening...  :'( but was poking around and noticed previous chats have been logged... will this one? crossing fingers, eyes, legs well you got the picture...  ???
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

charlie

Quote from: sas on July 03, 2007, 06:53:23 AM
Looking forward to another chat, especially one on planted tanks etc. I'll be there definitely but not sure I'll have any intelligent questions to ask :D, VERY much on a gradual learning curve. Thanks again OVAS for putting these on.
Ask anyways, we will all learn ;) from THE  PLANT GURU  ;)
Regards

kennyman

A dozen people or more turned out. Pretty good interest from the club for a chat at least.  :-\

normc

I tried but couldn't connect no bandwith available.

BigDaddy

Mr. Barr just sent me the following message:

I'm out of town, I've had to go to a field site in Lassen County for a research project we have going.
Some pipes broken so I'm heading up there in 10 min.

I will not be back until Sat.
I knew I should of said this Sat, not Thur.

This was unexpected, so I do apologize.
I will see, but I'll be on the road and will not likely have any internet access.

So we ought to reschedule etc for next week.

Sorry,

Tom

I will try to set up a new timeframe as soon as possible and keep you all in the loop as to when it will be.

charlie

Quote from: BigDaddy on July 06, 2007, 02:30:12 AM
Mr. Barr just sent me the following message:

I'm out of town, I've had to go to a field site in Lassen County for a research project we have going.
Some pipes broken so I'm heading up there in 10 min.

I will not be back until Sat.
I knew I should of said this Sat, not Thur.

This was unexpected, so I do apologize.
I will see, but I'll be on the road and will not likely have any internet access.

So we ought to reschedule etc for next week.

Sorry,

Tom

I will try to set up a new timeframe as soon as possible and keep you all in the loop as to when it will be.
Any update ?

charlie

babblefish1960

Well said Charlie, there should be something coming down the pipe from somewhere.

BigDaddy

I've sent a revised potential date out ... just waiting to see if we can firm it up.

News as soon as I get it.

BigDaddy

Mr. Barr has agreed to sometime during the week of July 30th.

I will post exact date and time once we get it firmed up.

sas

I'm just wondering if this event will be a go or not? I hate to pester  :-[, since I am from out of town and don't contribute much to the association but there were quite a number of people that showed for this the last time. Cheers Sue

babblefish1960

It is somewhat disheartening to see so much time slip by when we do have people wanting to participate, hopefully something will give soon.

BigDaddy

Mr. Barr and I seem to be playing "email tag".  His last proposal was for quite late in the evening (as he was on the west coast for business) and I've since asked when another day would be good for him closer to 8 PM EST.  Still waiting to hear back.

dan2x38

BD can these events be recorded?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

babblefish1960

You will find that the chat logs are on the left of your screen under the Articles/Info bar, they have their own heading called "chat logs".

charlie

Quote from: BigDaddy on August 16, 2007, 04:17:23 PM
Mr. Barr and I seem to be playing "email tag".  His last proposal was for quite late in the evening (as he was on the west coast for business) and I've since asked when another day would be good for him closer to 8 PM EST.  Still waiting to hear back.
BD did you PM him on his site , i find he is pretty responsive there, btw he has been on line ( on his site ) all morning.
Regards