New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

record breaking

Started by pegasus, January 25, 2005, 06:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pegasus

Have you notice... Most users ever online was 15 on 24 Jan 2005 13:18
Finaly and on working hours. :?:

TBarb

What does the new statistics and the great turn out at the meetings tell you about the club? OVAS is now over 70+ members now. (me included as of last night)

What does the executive team think of this? Any ideas on how to make the club better. I don't think the average fish keeper knows about the club though.  But maybe we want to keep this a secret? - Lots of good auction items to be had...

dpatte

Have you noticed that we also recently went past the 10,000th post on this board. Awesome. Is there any way to determine who the 10,000th poster is?

pegasus

QuoteWhat does the executive team think of this?
They listen to the forum. There will be a June meeting. :D  Wait till they realize they need a bigger room for the meetings.

artw

Quote from: "TBarb"What does the executive team think of this?

Well I can't speak for the others on the Executive, some do post here and maybe they can offer their own comments.
I personally think it's EXCELLENT...   this club as grown in leaps and bounds,  I would hazard a guess 90% due to this website and this forum...
June meetings, larger auctions,  a never-before seen turnout at monthly meetings (+50 people).
compared to 3 years ago where the mini-auctions took up less than 1 table, and lucky if we got 20 people at the meetings....

Do we want this trend to continue?  For sure!
If this means getting a larger room for the meetings, or having 2 giant auctions a year,  we will cross that bridge when we get there...  but rest assured the execs read this board on a regular basis (LOL, me)  and if you ever come to an executive meeting I am pretty much referring to this message board throughout the meeting......

Art (Secretary).

Evan

I really need to get to a meeting, but right now Monday is the only night where I don't need to go somewhere.

Of course there would be the most users during working hours, while we are at home there is all that tank maintenance to take care of..

artw

David should be providing pictures of last nights meeting to share with everyone :D

Marc

Quote from: "dpatte"Have you noticed that we also recently went past the 10,000th post on this board. Awesome. Is there any way to determine who the 10,000th poster is?

There is no easy way to determine which is the 10,000th post.

Actually the 10000 means there are 10000 posts in the forums at this time.  Posts which have been deleted aren't included in this count and we are actualy at over 13,400 posts.

Marc

Quote from: "TBarb"What does the executive team think of this?

I for one, think this is great.  

The club's success brings with it new challenges such as finding ways to improve the programs and finding ways to improve particpation in things such as bowl shows and home shows (auctions aren't a problem).   And of course last night's challenge, how to find enough chairs to seat all of the people.

Marc

Nelson

We now have 380 registered members and, albeit down the road a piece, will at some point hit the 500 mark.  This would indeed be something to publicize (picture of the president of the day with the 500th member), particularly if we were entertaining a membership drive.  

There must be far more that 380 aquarists in the city and area...does anyone know anyone at Aquarium Services that could tell us how many Preferred Customer Cards they have in circulation?? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

dpatte

I have heard it said that 20% of Canadian households have a goldfish bowl, a pond or an aquarium.

This would mean that 200,000 people in ottawa live with this hobby.

i would print more membership cards.

NjOyRiD

do you think it would be possible to have some publicuty, or flyer or sheets so i can post everywhere in Casselman? thanx!
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

artw

pegasus

Quote from: "dpatte"This would mean that 200,000 people in ottawa live with this hobby.
If all of us (380 forum members) sends 5 E-Cards from the OVAS pictures gallery to friends hobbyists, we would reach 1% of them.

How about advertising our annual auction on aquaquebec.net, they already advertise for the April Quebec conference?

Another suggestion; if the club would have some business cards that the members could hand-out. I've seen myself writing the OVAS site on the back of cards while I was talking to another customer in one of our LFS.

Just another 2 cents

artw

Please keep in mind that OVAS does not condone spamming, or doing that parking lot-leaflet-under the windshield-thing (I hate that!)   Do so at your own risk

but for the record we ARE looking for someone to fill the Advertising / Promotional chairperson position on the Executive

details will be announced at the next general meeting...  

Art

dannypd

Quote from: "artw"Please keep in mind that OVAS does not condone spamming, or doing that parking lot-leaflet-under the windshield-thing (I hate that!)   Do so at your own risk

but for the record we ARE looking for someone to fill the Advertising / Promotional chairperson position on the Executive

details will be announced at the next general meeting...  

Art

Well, I can pass the message...I do work for a large corporation..and I see 5000 people weekly  (I will not post where I work due to reasons of me NOT allowed to officiall 'advertise' outside groups...*grin*)

pegasus

Another easy way to help is by adding a simple message in our signature as I do to local/regional forums.

Super Encan D'Ottawa - 6 mars 2005
http://ovas.ca

pegasus

Most users ever online was 17 on 31 Jan 2005 17:51
Again in just a few days. :D

artw

I think today is the first time my View New Posts has gone to 2 pages

Nelson

Quote from: "artw"I think today is the first time my View New Posts has gone to 2 pages

How many from our prolific new friend "NjOyRiD" :wink:

dannypd

Quote from: "Nelson"
Quote from: "artw"I think today is the first time my View New Posts has gone to 2 pages

How many from our prolific new friend "NjOyRiD" :wink:

What about me?  when I find a club, I sure fill it with... :P

Nelson

dpatte

i was away for two days, saw over 100 messages and thought my spam filter was broken!

dandaman

80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank

NjOyRiD

Sorry, i just have too many questions :D :)
I like to learn, ovas is the best place for that :)
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

artw

Quote from: "dpatte"i was away for two days, saw over 100 messages and thought my spam filter was broken!

I find it hard to beleive that people still use the Email Notification thing...    I must be the only person on the face of the earth who only gets about 2 or 3 emails in the Gmail inbox
0 at work
and the Hotmail is set to addressbook Exclusive
now if Rogers could finally figure out the spam thing.. sigh... I never even USE that one and it is always FULL .......

luvfishies

Quote from: "artw"
Quote from: "dpatte"i was away for two days, saw over 100 messages and thought my spam filter was broken!

I find it hard to beleive that people still use the Email Notification thing...    I must be the only person on the face of the earth who only gets about 2 or 3 emails in the Gmail inbox
0 at work
and the Hotmail is set to addressbook Exclusive
now if Rogers could finally figure out the spam thing.. sigh... I never even USE that one and it is always FULL .......

Bleeach! No "email notification" for me either. Hotmail, maybe one message a month, gmail the same....my "personal" ones, very little spam (Mozilla Thunderbird is GREAT at filtering spam, once you "train" it).

I just rely on the "new post" markers in each forum when I get back here. Works for me on EVERY forum I participate in, actually ;)