New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

survey of ovas board members

Started by james, May 15, 2005, 06:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

Hi
I kind of know roughly who is who slowly  on this board . But, for curiousity sake I would like to do a survey on who are guys and who gals. I get a general idea from the fish they keep but sometimes I"M wrong.
Ps not being sexes just curious
To start i"m a guy!! :lol:  a cichlid guy :lol:

James 8)
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

NjOyRiD

I'm Phil, I have too many tanks and nice to meet you :) haha

130g: Central America Cichlids with Severums, Shovel nosed Catfish and Clown knife
90g: nothing
65g: turtles
55g: Lake malawi with 2 albino zebra
25g: amazon rain forest pool with tetras and corydoras
25g: nothing
10g: Central America Stream with Livebearers
10g: Chinese mountain river with 7 white cloud mountain minnow
3g: baby convicts cichlids
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Aiglos

I think its funny that you say you know what sex they are by the fish they keep, that doesnt say alot for me,  I am a male and have an Oscar tank and a tetra communitry tank with silver dollars and kissing gouramis,  my Girlfriend has a 55 gallon tank with a Mean Tilapia Buttikofferi haha.

james

Hi
How many guys keep bettas!! Oscars- macho!!
(no offense intended) :lol:  I'm taking in general :lol: You now what they say about dog owners and their dogs. :twisted:  :twisted:

James 8) 8)
33- gal PS Demansoni
.30-g  P.S Flavus

aidensmomma2000

I've sorta noticed that too- guys trying to be macho will get dogs like pitbulls and give them tough names. I always have to laugh though, because ususally the dogs are total sucks and love people!
Seems to be the same with the fish sometimes.

dannypd

lol, my main fish, my puffer, is named spike...

He's such a suck with other fish and me, but with other people, ....he bites!!!

Aiglos

My Oscar is named Feanor,  I don't know if any of you read the book by Tolkien the Silmarillion, Feanor is the Elf who created the silmarills.  Very Famous for his Fiery Looks and attitude.

My girlfriend named the Buttikofferi  "Margeri"  she thought it was cute,  Butti (butter) Marge (Margerine)   I think its pretty corny. I think she just wanted to give it a girls name haha.

slickshooter

Great this is kinda like a singles ad  :D
SWM 28 blonde with blue eyes 5'10 175lbs keeps African Cichlids in a 75G and has an empty (at the moment) fry tank that is 35G.
Do I have to list hobbies and interests too ? lol

Shouganai

I'm a 22 year old female, with only two tanks currently, as stated in my sig. One is a 65g community with mostly angels and tetras, the other is a 20g used mostly to grow out fry.

I used to have a lot more tanks when I lived with my parents when I was in high school. I think it was 7, all in my bedroom. Used to breed angels and bettas back then, along with the usual prolific livebearers.

Currently my love is for reptiles though, and my largest tanks belong to lizards and just one snake. Would have a lot more snakes, if I had willing roommates. I suppose until recently, herps weren't a typically girly pet (not that I am typically girly).

However, intererstingly enough, I just got back from a two week herpetology field course, where all eleven students were female, with absolutely no fear for the beasts we were dealing with. :)

james

Yeah 8)
African Cichlids rules :roll:
33- gal PS Demansoni
.30-g  P.S Flavus

Mettle

Quote from: "Shouganai"I suppose until recently, herps weren't a typically girly pet (not that I am typically girly).

If you go to herp forums and such on the internet I find the percentage of men/women into the hobby is a good 50/50 these days. Quite often it's couples who share an interest in the hobby and have a lot of projects going. And at first I thought that the women would be more into the lizards - but that is so not true.  :D

As for this thread... I'm a guy. Currently I keep dwarf puffers, convict cichlids and fancy goldfish. I also monitor/help out with my parents' two tanks which are wcmm and assorted livebearers.

RedFish

Quote from: "james"How many guys keep bettas!! Oscars- macho!!
James 8) 8)

Hah!  Bettas are tough!   Mine like to bite me every feeding! How tough is that? Do you let your Oscars bite you? lol

btw I am a married female with only 5 easy-to-keep bettas for now.

luvfishies

Chick, with cichlids, plants and of course my little snailiens.

dannypd

Quote from: "Shouganai"I'm a 22 year old female, with only two tanks currently, as stated in my sig. One is a 65g community with mostly angels and tetras, the other is a 20g used mostly to grow out fry.

I used to have a lot more tanks when I lived with my parents when I was in high school. I think it was 7, all in my bedroom. Used to breed angels and bettas back then, along with the usual prolific livebearers.

Currently my love is for reptiles though, and my largest tanks belong to lizards and just one snake. Would have a lot more snakes, if I had willing roommates. I suppose until recently, herps weren't a typically girly pet (not that I am typically girly).

However, intererstingly enough, I just got back from a two week herpetology field course, where all eleven students were female, with absolutely no fear for the beasts we were dealing with. :)

Single?   :lol:

Shouganai

Quote from: "dannypd"

Nope :p sorry. Happily engaged.

Jackdempsey

im will , im also a cichlid guy

dannypd

Quote from: "Shouganai"
Quote from: "dannypd"

Nope :p sorry. Happily engaged.

hahaha!  lol, I thought it was funny!!  congrats!!

Iceman

Kevin, male. Not too terrible exciting.

artw

I think most people know what I am.

dannypd

Quote from: "artw"I think most people know what I am.

No, who are you?   :lol:

artw

I'm Art and I am an ex-fishaholic

mseguin

Male, with a wife who also keeps fish.

gvv

Quote from: "artw"I'm Art and I am an ex-fishaholic
Once I also said the same, but after very long time - here I am...

ceilidh

Female..and pretty much only have aggressive fish..my oscars and puffers are the best..also the convicts and the piranha rock..trying with community fish..but already bored

oenology

Female  and I keep cichlids, bettas, fancy goldfish, dog (plus 6 pups), 1 cat, 1 2yr foal, 1 chinese water dragon lizard and a pair of mice (need pinkies for the lizard :) )  plus a husband :D

I'm reverting back to my younger days when many of my school friends wouldn't come over to play at my house due to the menagerie I kept in my bedroom lol

Underwater

Matt, Male.

Building a new 75 gallon amazon biotope, have a 24 gallon community.

ambushman2j

Quote from: "artw"I think most people know what I am.

Your female right?  Artimena?

ambushman2j

my name is Cosmo Kramer, I live in NYC I eat at my neighbours alot

pnmdsz6

i am  female,
i keep betta!! :D
i notice others said that betta are agressive, but they're not really (except with most other fish lol). But over the course of these many months that i have kept betta, i noticed that they're actually very bright animals (contrary to what i used to think).

pnmdsz6

BigDaddy

I think my nick pretty much gives away my gender   :lol:

Toss

Male, luv ne kind of freshwater creatures and plants. Never try SW, can't afford it
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

dannypd

Quote from: "pnmdsz6"i am  female,
i keep betta!! :D
i notice others said that betta are agressive, but they're not really (except with most other fish lol). But over the course of these many months that i have kept betta, i noticed that they're actually very bright animals (contrary to what i used to think).

pnmdsz6

They also can bite...

mseguin

Bettas are very individual fish, some will be very peacceful, and otrhers will terrorize every fish in ur tank. Female bettas are generally quite peaceful, and yet we have one who hates all other females and would probably be a big pain if the cockatoos didnt keep her in line.