New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Problems with people's postings.

Started by washefuzzy, February 04, 2009, 11:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

washefuzzy

Instead of members taking it upon themselves, to chastise those they believe have posted in the wrong forum, can you please mark the so called offending thread so the WebMaster and the Executive can deal with it. There is just to much missinformation being spread about and confusion.

Thank You,

Joyce Landry
Executive Member
Librarian

FocusFin

It think that's exactly what happened in Turtlegate but still managed to turn into drama. :)
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

beowulf

Quote from: FocusFin on February 04, 2009, 12:01:25 PM
It think that's exactly what happened in Turtlegate but still managed to turn into drama. :)

Problem was that insead of hitting report post people just mentioned it in the post which is what caused the issue.

FocusFin

Quote from: beowulf on February 04, 2009, 12:02:32 PM
Problem was that insead of hitting report post people just mentioned it in the post which is what caused the issue.

It was reported initially but then the webmaster made a tongue-in-cheek comment and the fishpoo hit the fan.
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Brine

Quote from: washefuzzy on February 04, 2009, 11:53:39 AM
Instead of members taking it upon themselves, to chastise those they believe have posted in the wrong forum,
If this is about my question about bird cages in the lounge. I just asked if a mistake had been made.

washefuzzy

Quote from: Brine on February 04, 2009, 12:35:53 PM
If this is about my question about bird cages in the lounge. I just asked if a mistake had been made.

Nope Brine.  :)

Brine

Quote from: washefuzzy on February 04, 2009, 12:42:19 PM
Nope Brine.  :)
I am so self-centred sometimes....it MUST be about me  >:(....What? It's not? Oh....d'oh never mind  :-[

RoxyDog

Quote from: FocusFin on February 04, 2009, 12:01:25 PM
Turtlegate
Quote from: FocusFin on February 04, 2009, 12:06:54 PM
the fishpoo hit the fan.

;D  ;D Thanks for making me laugh!!

Seriously people, if you have a problem with a post, just report it okie dokie? :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

bitterman

I agree reporting it is a good idea,as there are way to many comments from peanut galleries..... but there is more of an issue here.

People here are volunteers and having only 1 person say the webmaster being in charge of making all the edit/changes might not be the best idea. I'm know groupie spends countless hours of very very hard work for Ovas that most people don't even see. Its very time consuming. And frankly editing/fixing posts/deleting moderating a website is not always taken in a good way and you get flake for it. People doing this Job also need a balance of there own life and can't spend every waken moment fixing a bad post or problem on Ovas.

I think there needs to be a team of web moderators to deal with the website to speed up in cleaning up offending posts. Its just too big/time consuming for 1 person especially when they are already working so hard. Not fun have 2 full time jobs! + OT and fitting them into each day... sleep has to suffer.

The main problem with a team is keeping things consistent.....

Same goes for larger web development projects.... maybe some more junior people can get involved and do some of the easier tasks to free up our APW to have a little R and R. maybe even some people will be willing to do some QA (Quaility assuance) on new features before they are available to the whole community to smooth the transition of new feature(s) the web team will work on?

Bruce

fischkopp

Quote from: bitterman on February 04, 2009, 01:16:19 PM
I think there needs to be a team of web moderators to deal with the website to speed up in cleaning up offending posts. Its just too big/time consuming for 1 person especially when they are already working so hard. Not fun have 2 full time jobs! + OT and fitting them into each day... sleep has to suffer.

I agree and can assure that this topic is already on the agenda and will be addressed in the near future ... :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Fishnut

Now I know why the exec has decided not to allow moderators. >:(  There seems to be some wanna-be's out there. 

I've noticed this a few times.  One post to express your concern is one thing but carrying it forward to a few more posts...essentially having an argument on a thread when you're not the one who is in a position to do anything about it...is honestly ridiculous!!  MYOB if you're not on the exec and do what's been suggested...tag the thread for the webmaster. >:(  Sheesh!!

Hookup

I swear if this thread reaches 5 pages I'll post nudez..., of me & my fish tank  hahahaha...

beowulf

Quote from: Hookup on February 04, 2009, 02:37:25 PM
I swear if this thread reaches 5 pages I'll post nudez..., of me & my fish tank  hahahaha...
Quick close the thread now we cannot take a chance!!

groan

saltynewb

Sorry for contributing to this thread jack - But I'll send a bump to help get to 5 :)

washefuzzy

Quote from: Brine on February 04, 2009, 12:51:06 PM
I am so self-centred sometimes....it MUST be about me  >:(....What? It's not? Oh....d'oh never mind  :-[

Okay than it's about YOU!!  ;D ;D

garnpet

Shouldn't this post be in the Website Discussion / Bug Reports forum?   ;)
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

washefuzzy

Quote from: garnpet on February 04, 2009, 06:38:02 PM
Shouldn't this post be in the Website Discussion / Bug Reports forum?   ;)

Arggg......!!!! ( As she pulls her hair out and throws ashes on the sack cloth she wears.)  ;D

groan

you wear sac-cloth?

so, about posting... um...

5!!!