New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Problems with people's postings.

Started by washefuzzy, February 04, 2009, 11:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

washefuzzy

Instead of members taking it upon themselves, to chastise those they believe have posted in the wrong forum, can you please mark the so called offending thread so the WebMaster and the Executive can deal with it. There is just to much missinformation being spread about and confusion.

Thank You,

Joyce Landry
Executive Member
Librarian

FocusFin

It think that's exactly what happened in Turtlegate but still managed to turn into drama. :)
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

beowulf

Quote from: FocusFin on February 04, 2009, 12:01:25 PM
It think that's exactly what happened in Turtlegate but still managed to turn into drama. :)

Problem was that insead of hitting report post people just mentioned it in the post which is what caused the issue.

FocusFin

Quote from: beowulf on February 04, 2009, 12:02:32 PM
Problem was that insead of hitting report post people just mentioned it in the post which is what caused the issue.

It was reported initially but then the webmaster made a tongue-in-cheek comment and the fishpoo hit the fan.
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Brine

Quote from: washefuzzy on February 04, 2009, 11:53:39 AM
Instead of members taking it upon themselves, to chastise those they believe have posted in the wrong forum,
If this is about my question about bird cages in the lounge. I just asked if a mistake had been made.

washefuzzy

Quote from: Brine on February 04, 2009, 12:35:53 PM
If this is about my question about bird cages in the lounge. I just asked if a mistake had been made.

Nope Brine.  :)

Brine

Quote from: washefuzzy on February 04, 2009, 12:42:19 PM
Nope Brine.  :)
I am so self-centred sometimes....it MUST be about me  >:(....What? It's not? Oh....d'oh never mind  :-[

RoxyDog

Quote from: FocusFin on February 04, 2009, 12:01:25 PM
Turtlegate
Quote from: FocusFin on February 04, 2009, 12:06:54 PM
the fishpoo hit the fan.

;D  ;D Thanks for making me laugh!!

Seriously people, if you have a problem with a post, just report it okie dokie? :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

bitterman

I agree reporting it is a good idea,as there are way to many comments from peanut galleries..... but there is more of an issue here.

People here are volunteers and having only 1 person say the webmaster being in charge of making all the edit/changes might not be the best idea. I'm know groupie spends countless hours of very very hard work for Ovas that most people don't even see. Its very time consuming. And frankly editing/fixing posts/deleting moderating a website is not always taken in a good way and you get flake for it. People doing this Job also need a balance of there own life and can't spend every waken moment fixing a bad post or problem on Ovas.

I think there needs to be a team of web moderators to deal with the website to speed up in cleaning up offending posts. Its just too big/time consuming for 1 person especially when they are already working so hard. Not fun have 2 full time jobs! + OT and fitting them into each day... sleep has to suffer.

The main problem with a team is keeping things consistent.....

Same goes for larger web development projects.... maybe some more junior people can get involved and do some of the easier tasks to free up our APW to have a little R and R. maybe even some people will be willing to do some QA (Quaility assuance) on new features before they are available to the whole community to smooth the transition of new feature(s) the web team will work on?

Bruce

fischkopp

Quote from: bitterman on February 04, 2009, 01:16:19 PM
I think there needs to be a team of web moderators to deal with the website to speed up in cleaning up offending posts. Its just too big/time consuming for 1 person especially when they are already working so hard. Not fun have 2 full time jobs! + OT and fitting them into each day... sleep has to suffer.

I agree and can assure that this topic is already on the agenda and will be addressed in the near future ... :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Fishnut

Now I know why the exec has decided not to allow moderators. >:(  There seems to be some wanna-be's out there. 

I've noticed this a few times.  One post to express your concern is one thing but carrying it forward to a few more posts...essentially having an argument on a thread when you're not the one who is in a position to do anything about it...is honestly ridiculous!!  MYOB if you're not on the exec and do what's been suggested...tag the thread for the webmaster. >:(  Sheesh!!

Hookup

I swear if this thread reaches 5 pages I'll post nudez..., of me & my fish tank  hahahaha...

beowulf

Quote from: Hookup on February 04, 2009, 02:37:25 PM
I swear if this thread reaches 5 pages I'll post nudez..., of me & my fish tank  hahahaha...
Quick close the thread now we cannot take a chance!!

groan

saltynewb

Sorry for contributing to this thread jack - But I'll send a bump to help get to 5 :)

washefuzzy

Quote from: Brine on February 04, 2009, 12:51:06 PM
I am so self-centred sometimes....it MUST be about me  >:(....What? It's not? Oh....d'oh never mind  :-[

Okay than it's about YOU!!  ;D ;D

garnpet

Shouldn't this post be in the Website Discussion / Bug Reports forum?   ;)
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

washefuzzy

Quote from: garnpet on February 04, 2009, 06:38:02 PM
Shouldn't this post be in the Website Discussion / Bug Reports forum?   ;)

Arggg......!!!! ( As she pulls her hair out and throws ashes on the sack cloth she wears.)  ;D

groan

you wear sac-cloth?

so, about posting... um...

5!!!

Fishnut

The question is...how hot is this picture really going to be?  Hmmm... ::)

washefuzzy

Quote from: Fishnut on February 05, 2009, 05:31:46 PM

Not very.  :P

FocusFin

Quote from: Fishnut on February 05, 2009, 05:31:46 PM

Whoa,whoa,whoa....wait..what?

This thread has taken a turn for the better.
110g saltwater/reef

washefuzzy

Laura

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Brine

If you want I'll send you some nude pics....of my fish

audioslave_36

FishPassion

Bruce I really think that clown in your avatar is mooning you ;D
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

beowulf

Quote from: bitterman on February 06, 2009, 02:42:57 PM
All this nudie talk has me very  :-[ 

Bruce shy about nudie talk?  The same Bruce that had such interesting stories he told in the chat many moons ago?   ;)

FishPassion

80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

groan

maybe thats what happened and he  had a bad experience, now ti brings ill feelings whenever people talk about nudies.

so, what was this thread about again?

Laura

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

smalltownfan

Quote from: groan on February 08, 2009, 09:45:45 AM

so, what was this thread about again?

I believe it has something to do with getting to 5
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

sas

Quote from: Laura on February 08, 2009, 10:24:37 AM
It's clearly about nudies.

Ah........
There doesn't seem to be an OVAS calendar this year?
Maybe this could be the start of a 2010 one.
Something along the lines of the "firefighters" calendar that comes out every year 8).
But then maybe not  :).

beowulf

Quote from: sas on February 08, 2009, 12:15:53 PM
Ah........
There doesn't seem to be an OVAS calendar this year?
Maybe this could be the start of a 2010 one.
Something along the lines of the "firefighters" calendar that comes out every year 8).
But then maybe not  :).

So are you volunteering to be January?

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

FishPassion

Was he an exec. at the camp or visiting?
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

groan

I'll do one of the months, any reason to show of my furry chest is something I strive for and many swoon for each year.

Brine

Quote from: groan on February 08, 2009, 07:27:51 PM
I'll do one of the months, any reason to show of my furry chest is something I strive for and many swoon for each year.
Now Jessica, cool it OK? No one wants to see your hairy chest.

crazy 4 fish

Wow already at 3 ... keep it going guys :)

washefuzzy

Quote from: Brine on February 08, 2009, 08:35:46 PM
Now Jessica, cool it OK? No one wants to see your hairy chest.

Speak for for yourself Brine.  ;D

Brine

Quote from: washefuzzy on February 08, 2009, 11:57:25 PM
Speak for for yourself Brine.  ;D

I speak for all "right thinking" people when I say eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww

"I think that all good, right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not, and I'm sick and tired of being told that I am"

audioslave_36

Quote from: Brine on February 09, 2009, 12:11:59 AM
"I think that all good, right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not, and I'm sick and tired of being told that I am"

:o :o :o wow that confused the h$ll out of me  ;D ;D ;D

washefuzzy

Quote from: Brine on February 09, 2009, 12:11:59 AM
I speak for all "right thinking" people when I say eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww

For some reason I so glad you do not speak for me.  ;D

Brine

washefuzzy

Nerine

Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

FishPassion

Anyone else right thinking in this thread and do they also have problems?
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

fischkopp

Quote from: bitterman on February 09, 2009, 02:47:13 PM
If I was the webmaster, I'd be thinking about locking the thread before getting to 5 pages ::)

thought about it ... a little ...  :)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

groan

Quote from: FishPassion on February 09, 2009, 02:36:26 PM
Anyone else right thinking in this thread and do they also have problems?
I usually left my right thinking to other thinkers.
thinking about right thinking always left me right in the middle of a thought and left the rest of me right about where I am now.
So I avoid it to avoid problems.

FishPassion

Soooooo that is the way to solve "problems with peoples postings" then isnt it? Sounds like your always operating with a "clear" mind then as well  ;D not a problem in the world, must try this way of thinking especially when reading some of the threads here.All these years of reading and now I finally get it. Thanks groan, Man did I waste alot of precious reading time its allclear now :)
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

Zzippper

To heck with all this left and right thinking. I wanna see the nudies.

Bring on the nudies!

:o :o :o

Z

washefuzzy

Brine

Venus de fisho and Michelangelo's Gibbicepts

[attachment deleted by admin]

smalltownfan

I've Googled, I've searched but unfortunately I can't find what I think would be the perfect visual for this post. From the movie Failure to Launch, Terry Bradshaw standing behind a very strategically placed aquarium.

Get the kids to move out and make their room your naked oops, um :-[...fish room ;).
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

smalltownfan

Darn, that last post didn't start another page  :D
FW Nano's 5g & 15g
Inverts & Micro fish

FishPassion

Brine never knew you were so artsy, I can imagine your version of the OVAS calendar... :D ;) :o
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

Brine

Quote from: FishPassion on February 11, 2009, 07:37:42 PM
Brine never knew you were so artsy, I can imagine your version of the OVAS calendar... :D ;) :o

Brian has a University Degree in design

http://www.id.carleton.ca/exhibition%202005/index.html

Even won second place in an international design competition.

http://www.rotomolding.org/i4a/pages/Index.cfm?pageID=3547

Nerine

wouldn't a picture of a nudibranch be good here? hehe

Brine

groan

I tried very hard to find something else that was in reference to The Nudie Branch, but there is not such department of any government, department store or anythign. sigh

5!!!

washefuzzy

The nudibranch pic is much more pretty than any nudi pics of you guys.  :D

Brine

Quote from: washefuzzy on February 12, 2009, 11:56:41 PM
someone reported this?

Nerine

kinda funny that THAT post was reported and not the one of the original mention of nudies :P

garnpet

Quote from: Nerine on February 13, 2009, 01:37:24 AM
kinda funny that THAT post was reported and not the one of the original mention of nudies :P

They are probably more worried that it's getting close to the 5th page.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

FishPassion

Hi Washefuzzy,

I think a problem with peoples postings is "threadjacking" have you noticed alot of this going on as well?   :D :D ;D :-\  Hope Im not off topic here tho :)
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

Groovylad

Here is a picture of a stripper to get ready for the big reveal once page 5 arrives...

washefuzzy

Quote from: FishPassion on February 13, 2009, 07:23:30 AM
Hi Washefuzzy,

I think a problem with peoples postings is "threadjacking" have you noticed alot of this going on as well?   :D :D ;D :-\  Hope Im not off topic here tho :)

washefuzzy

Quote from: washefuzzy on February 13, 2009, 09:10:15 AM

Yes there seems to be a wee bit of thread jacking in this thread!!!!! ;)

Oh my God! I've been reported. Shame on me.  ::)

washefuzzy

Quote from: garnpet on February 13, 2009, 06:55:28 AM
They are probably more worried that it's getting close to the 5th page.

Maybe it was because I was being sexist.  :)

FishPassion

Quote from: washefuzzy on February 12, 2009, 11:56:41 PM

Sooooo are you implying you have seen pics of these other guys and prefer the nudibranch while you were comparing...     :D :D
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

groan

3 posts in a row! I think someone is trying to get to 5 in a hurry!

washefuzzy

Quote from: FishPassion on February 13, 2009, 08:56:15 PM
Sooooo are you implying you have seen pics of these other guys and prefer the nudibranch while you were comparing...     :D :D

I refuse to incriminate myself!!!

Quote from: groan on February 14, 2009, 09:25:49 AM
3 posts in a row! I think someone is trying to get to 5 in a hurry!

NO!!

Brine

Here is a picture of me making love.

groan

5!!!!!
shoot, i was hopeful.

FishPassion

Washefuzzy you may very well have been reported by one of the slew of nudie pics sent to you due to the fact you picked the nudibranch over all the rest and hurt someones feelings...     ;D :D :D :o :o
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

washefuzzy

That is a possiblitly Fishpassion.  :)

audioslave_36

groan

it's got to be any time now...
WAHAHAHAHAH!!!1oneoneeleventyone :D

Hookup

GASH DARNIT!  PHOTO'S INC as WARNED... Gotta wait till my folks leave for St. Valentines day... they do not need to see this... apparently some of you do...

YOU WERE WARNED.

washefuzzy

fishycanuck

I can't believe I only just saw this....
Brine, your university webpage makes me dizzy. How do I find your pictures?
Also, I am tempted to report everyone because we're now on page 5 and I don't see the promised nudie pix.

Brine

Quote from: fishycanuck on February 20, 2009, 08:46:54 AM
Brine, your university webpage makes me dizzy. How do I find your pictures?

I am dead centre when the page loads. Two left of the guy with the hat. If you scroll over top of my pic my name appears on the pillow. Brian

stardrop

What?!? Now there's pillow talk!  How did I miss this thread for so long :D

Hookup

Hum... now my bluff has been called... I haven't concluded the result yet... on the one hand I do not want to get banned and scare the little people, and big people... on the other hand... I do plan on living up to my "threat"...

Decision pending... pic's probable.

washefuzzy

Don't you have one of those adorable baby pics .  ;D

Hookup

Ok, so after a careful evaluation of this thread I have to say that I do not feel that the requirement was met for nudity (and i simply am chicken-s*** to post anything    ???).

The thread went off-topic and therefore all conversation is disqualified.

This is as close as I'm willing to go...

bitterman

LMAO. I knew you would chicken out and I'm glad you did. Frankly.. don't care to see you nude.

B.