New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

ovas.ca website changes

Started by garnpet, September 05, 2010, 08:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

Some changes are coming to ovas.ca.  Over the next couple of days there will be a small reorganization to the structure of the forum boards.  Boards that deal with OVAS, the club, will be grouped together and made a bit more prominent.  Boards that are more specific to the on-line presence of OVAS will also be grouped together, and some new boards will be introduced.  Once the reorganization is finished, a team of moderators will be put in place.

This is the first step series of changes that I'm looking at doing for our forum.  As work progresses on them please check this thread for updates.

During this time you may receive notices when threads are being moved or modified.

If you notice anything missing or not working properly please drop me a PM.

Peter
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

garnpet

Two new forums have been added.  The POTM board which will host all the entries for our Picture of the Month contest.  The other new board is "Tank Builds" where forum users can post pictures and description of their latest tank builds.

If you have a current tank build thread and would like it moved to the new board, send me a PM with the link.

The Website Discussion/Bug Reports and the Introduction boards have been moved to the new ovas.ca Forums grouping.

Peter

Nyx

I like what you've done, Peter. Thank you. :)
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

new2salt

Looking forward to seeing all the new tank builds, both fresh and salt without looking all over the forum.
Like what I see so far.

Thanks Peter

Nerine

Thank you Peter for the work you've been putting into the changes!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

dan2x38

Looks great clean and easy to find stuff... good job!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

garnpet

The OVAS Club Announcement board has been renamed General OVAS Inquiries - all forum users may post questions and comments about our club here.

The new OVAS Club Announcement board will be used to publicize OVAS events - only Exec members may start threads here, but all forum users may reply.

RebeccaB

Hi Peter. I like the reorg work undertaken thus far!  One suggestion....could we add a section to complement the various "tank type forums" and add a "south american cichlids" forum?  I know that in the past people have requested a "discus forum" - perhaps that is a bit too specific for OVAS.  However, since there is an African Cichlid forum, a "South American Cichlid" forum would caterer to a broader audience, while still keeping the dialogue somewhat more focussed rather than having to post "discus-type discussions" in the catch-all "Freshwater section".

Just a thought!
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

ciaus

garnpet

6 of our moderators are now in place.  Thanks to ordi260, sas, robt18, bitterman, freshfishies and rybren for volunteering to help out our club.

RoxyDog

Thanks Peter for the changes and the mods. :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

dan2x38

Quote from: garnpet on September 08, 2010, 11:05:47 PM
6 of our moderators are now in place.  Thanks to ordi260, sas, robt18, bitterman, freshfishies and rybren for volunteering to help out our club.

Good work guys thanks! :)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

garnpet

The OVAS Executive at their September Exec meeting have decided to implement the following changes to the OVAS forum.

1.  We will be adding a Looking For board - open to all forum users who are looking for aquarium related items.
2.  We will be adding a For Free board - open to all forum users who wish to give away aquarium related items.
3.  The current Classified Ads will be renamed to For Sale - the current restrictions will apply to this board.

All three classified boards will be limited to posting of items only, no replies will be allowed.

The new boards should be up and running sometime tomorrow.  If you want a thread to moved to the correct board please PM me once the boards are working.

JetJumper

On a side note will the current "For Sale" board be pruned?  Some stuff is WAY too old.. lol
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

garnpet

Quote from: JetJumper on September 14, 2010, 09:01:18 AM
On a side note will the current "For Sale" board be pruned?  Some stuff is WAY too old.. lol
Eventually. 

Darth

thanks for the "looking for" thread!!! this is awesome!!

Brent Shaver

Exellent solution and now all concerns are taken care of.  Thanks for the work and time to make it what it is....

Laura

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

White Lightning

FishPassion

80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube