New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Started by dpatte, May 20, 2004, 01:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

Some people have pictures of themselves as part of their profile (their 'avatar'), and some have pictures of other things (mostly fish), yet a few others have no pictures at all.

What do people prefer for pictures?

For those that have fish pictures, are those your own fish, or just a favourite species?

My picture is currently of the famous Pattius davidi  :wink:

Marc

I think people's choice of Avatar's says something abouth them although I'm not sure exactly what.

Personally I'm not interested in putting my mug up on the net so it's a favourite species (serpae tetra).

Marc

Marc

P.S.  Over at www.sensnetwork.com my avatar is a Sens logo

Nelson

Your right.  It seems that an individuals choice of an avatar is often a statement of some sort.  I encountered this observation on many occasions as I searched for my avatar.  Personally I found it difficult to find an avatar using the criteria our webmaster has place on us...."its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 6 KB".  Many of the more interesting ones I encountered exceeded this standard and were therefor rejected.

Poustic

Quote from: "Marc"I think people's choice of Avatar's says something abouth them although I'm not sure exactly what
Mine says that I was really lucky to be able to take this picture of one of my neritina snails.  :)

luvfishies

Mine is pretty self-evident as well. Gotta love those Aceis!

ambushman2j

yeah I had the same problem I found LOTS of cool avatars I wanted to use but the page wouldn't let me use any of them but this one

dpatte

unfortunately the size is a limit built into our software - not something the admins decided

ambushman2j

the message board software?

dpatte

ambushman2j

you cannot configure that?