New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where's that webmaster hiding???

Started by Quatro, April 12, 2006, 06:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quatro

Note to Darkdep,

I am getting a message when trying to post a new message.....

Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions.

I doubt it is just my account.  We all appreciate the hard work you do and know you hate to be taken away from your "fish wall"  :roll:  but could you look into this.  Thanks man. :lol:

Mike S

babblefish1960

Whoa, sounds like you're on his banned list, I hope you can appeal for forgiveness for whatever evil thing you've done, (he hates monty python fans and cockroaches) :shock:  :lol:

Seanc

Quatro

You know the commercial where the guy is going to bed and says goodnight to all his co-workers and he gets to the "I.T. guy whose never around when you need him".   :lol:  :lol:

It turns out it was my fault.  I resized the images (they were only 450kb, didn't think that was too big) and it worked fine.  Also the pics were transferred through a Macintosh; you know thats like playing with fire.   :D

Thanks

Mike S

pegasus

Quote......you hate to be taken away from your "fish wall"  but could you look into this.
It's not the fish wall yet! It's all those beef he has to wrestle everynight to pay for his fish room. :D

darkdep

Actually, I'm sick today folks, sorry if I was neglecting the forum.  I never get sick, and I got hit really fast by some cold/flu bug.

Oh, but BTW, when I get back on my feet (I slept for 18 hours today), you're banned for questioning my dedication.

rockgarden

Every night he wonders again how to put a pound of fish food into a metric bag flattened to a thickness that can be broken off without the use of a ball pein hammer :).

With such heavy matters on his mind how can he hope to worry about much more :).

Ron

babblefish1960

Quote from: "darkdep"Actually, I'm sick today folks, sorry if I was neglecting the forum.  I never get sick, and I got hit really fast by some cold/flu bug.

Oh, but BTW, when I get back on my feet (I slept for 18 hours today), you're banned for questioning my dedication.

:cry: Poor man, sick sucks, but you are supposed to cook the omni-pro before you eat it, only the fish eat fish raw, and japanese.

:shock: No one in their right mind would ever question your dedication, but a club hammer is just silly, never mind a ball pein hammer. It's something akin to the black Knight threatening to bite off your knee cap when he has no limbs left. :P

And we should never forget the killer bunny capable of decapitating unsuspecting brave knights.

Get well you strange man. :lol:

Quatro

Hey, thanks Babble.  Now maybe he'll ban you and forget about me.   :D

Mike S

babblefish1960

Seanc

i think babble and Darkdep have a love hate relationship. bable always breaks the rules, and darkdep never bans him becasue he likes him because he is such a reble. FIGHT THE MAN BABBLE

fishycanuck

Oh for heaven's sake - all you have to do with that rabbit is put a pancake on its head and it will be gentle as... a bunny.

Darkdep - go back to polishing your hammer collection.

Quatro

OK.  Now there's a question that has to be asked.  Why is there a pancake on your rabbits head?  I personally always thought it was a cookie.

Mike S

fishycanuck

Isn't it obvious?
I poached this photo from a smart-a** site that specializes in this sort of thing.  The teeny tiny print on the photo says, "I have no idea what you're talking about - so here's a picture of a bunny with a pancake on his head".
Q.E.D.

PaleoFishGirl

There is actually a great story about that bunny.  His name was Oolong.  Sadly he has passed away, but his owner has an entire Web site devoted to him and his 'headperformances':

http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~sokaisha/rabbit/rabbit.htm

Here is an English site explaining more of the story:

http://www.syberpunk.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=oolong

Enjoy :D

rockgarden

Since you bunny folks have hijacked this very serious discussion about  a missing webmaster :).

fishycanuck

Clearly, this wascally wabbit has Darkdep in the trunk.  Note the horrified expression on the fishing boy.  Somebody call Jack Bauer, we have a situation here!

darkdep

It was very hot in that trunk, but oddly comfortable.

I have to say folks, on a serious note, I'm touched that being absent for one day has made everyone notice so much.  I feel needed.

Babble has broken many of the darkdep by-laws; luckily for him I consider true bans very seriously and his transgressions, although mounting, have not led him to the edge quite yet.

If I had my way, bunnies would be banned...but fishycanuck has had her avatar since before I came into power, so I can't do that.

Hmm...I should start a running list of all the banned topics...anyone remember them?

fishycanuck

Hey - I'm the one who called in the Counter-Evil-Rabbit Unit to rescue you, so give me some slack. Don't you have work to do?

Quatro

Be careful fishycanuck, pancakes may soon make the list.

Anyone going to Easter Pancake Breakfast?

apistome

Quote from: "PaleoFishGirl"There is actually a great story about that bunny.  His name was Oolong.  Sadly he has passed away, but his owner has an entire Web site devoted to him and his 'headperformances':

http://www.fsinet.or.jp/~sokaisha/rabbit/rabbit.htm

Here is an English site explaining more of the story:

http://www.syberpunk.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?page=oolong

Enjoy :D

good news, he has a new bunny! here's the link:

http://www.h6.dion.ne.jp/~yuebing/

:D

darkdep

Folks;

Just as an FYI I'm still pretty sick with a case of Bronchitis; as such I admit I've been pretty absent.  If something urgent occurs where my attention is needed quickly, please just PM me as I will be notified via Blackberry.

Darkdep
Your very sick webmaster

babblefish1960

Wow, that is such terrible news, being sick when it is so nice out just really sucks. Perhaps you shouldn't have stayed in the bunny's trunk quite so long.

This blackberry thing sounds pretty cool though, sort of a Sir Humphrey of your own, or a Baldric if you were an Edmond BlackAdder, hmmm, Blackadder makes sense when one considers the totalitarianism of edicts such as no monty python and friends from an obviously killer bunny loving kind of despot. :wink:

fishycanuck

I think that when the webmaster says "I have bronchitis", it really means, "I'm in Barbados, ignoring the rest of you clowns."
Hmmm.....

artw

Sir Humphrey?  Baldric? Edmond Blackadder?  Who?

fishycanuck

Oh Art, you're just so far out of the loop you may need a whole new circuit!

darkdep

No, trust me, if I was in in barbados I'd be bragging about it :)

Iceman

Quote from: "babblefish1960"Wow, that is such terrible news, being sick when it is so nice out just really sucks. Perhaps you shouldn't have stayed in the bunny's trunk quite so long.

This blackberry thing sounds pretty cool though, sort of a Sir Humphrey of your own, or a Baldric if you were an Edmond BlackAdder, hmmm, Blackadder makes sense when one considers the totalitarianism of edicts such as no monty python and friends from an obviously killer bunny loving kind of despot. :wink:

So would mseguin be Lt. the Honorable George Colhurst St. Barleigh?  :lol:

mseguin

Somehow I'm involved in this conversation and I don't even know how.  :shock:

babblefish1960

Quote from: "darkdep"No, trust me, if I was in in barbados I'd be bragging about it :)

I'm convinced that mecca for the ever so dark depeche mode would be silicon valley to peer into the clean rooms of intel or something. But then he does have a penchant for the deepest dark african rift lake fishes and may venture somewhere wetter than southern California.

I suspect now however, he will be required to impart his knowledge of the finer arts such as Fawlty towers, Yes Prime Minister and Blackadder to poor Artibartfast, who, it would seem, is without.

Iceman

I would have to agree. And soon before Cybil finds out.

artw

Iceman

Quote from: "artw"you guys lost me at "Hello"

Then perhaps I shall call you Capt. Darling. And to quote Capt. Darling: "I made a note in my diary on the way over here. It simply reads - bugger."

darkdep

I am so happy the new forum software has a "mass ban" feature.

artw

I think the smiting may come in handy about now too

squeeker

Iceman

Quote from: "artw"I think the smiting may come in handy about now too

Smiting? You mean I'm going to have to be a good boy?

Iceman

Quote from: "squeeker"no, no more smiting......!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Seanc

Quote from: "artw"I think the smiting may come in handy about now too
it will be handy for these silly threads, like this one and the coconut one.

Quote from: "squeeker"no, no more smiting......!
your luckey their isn't any on here, you would have at least 4 digits by now.

darkdep

Hey, there was nothing wrong with the coconut thread.  :)

fishycanuck

Seanc

Iceman

So do you use large coconuts for large horses and small coconuts for, say, ponies? Or do they all sound the same?

fishycanuck

artw

I smell a Monty Python reference.  Or maybe its just Babblefish.  A swallow carrying a coconut?

fishycanuck

Be careful, Art - bad things happen when you admit you don't know.....

babblefish1960

Stop. Who would cross the Bridge of Death must answer me these questions three, ere the other side he see.

A coconut could be carried by an african swallow, oh yeah, an african swallow, but not a european swallow, but then an african swallow isn't migratory. "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

Follow, but only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave be guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy, teeth

I warned you, but did you listen to me? Oh, no, you knew, didn't you? Oh. it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy holy hand grenade of antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

I couldn't help myself, what with all the smiting going on, and being taunted with coconuts and swallows, well, I inevitably put my own krugerrand in.

BigDaddy

It's not a question of where it grips it, its a question of weight ratios!

Pardon me...  I have to go see if this woman weighs more than a duck

babblefish1960

Ah, she's a witch, well then, be careful she doesn't turn you into a newt.

darkdep

BigDaddy

Quote from: "babblefish1960"Ah, she's a witch, well then, be careful she doesn't turn you into a newt.

I got better....

Iceman

Quote from: "darkdep"You are all, SO banned.

Bloody do-gooder.

repeej

I says PARDON???

BigDaddy

See the oppression inherent in the system!

babblefish1960

Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.

Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Oh, but you can't expect to wield extreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Oh but if I went round saying I was Emporer, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Dark Dep quote "you are all SO banned"

Oh what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him didn't you?

And that, my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana shaped.

If she weighs the same as a duck, then she's a witch.

squeeker

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!

Fetch-er la vache!  La quoi?  The cow... oh, la vache!

BigDaddy

How do you know he's a king?

He hasn't got shite all over 'im

I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship: a self-perpetuating autocracy.

Then who is your lord?

We don't have a lord.

What?

I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major....

BigDaddy

Next month's new meeting topic

Restructure of OVAS to an autonomous collective, anarcho-syndicalist commune, or a british sit com.

Either that... or we tie darkdep to a chair... tape his eyelids open and force him to watch The Holy Grail and The Life of Brian back to back.

Can he endure the peril?

mseguin

I choose Fawlty Towers. BD you're the perfect height to be Fawlty himself.

Iceman

Quote from: "BigDaddy"I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major....

Couldn't we just call everyone Bruce. Avoid any confusion.

babblefish1960

Quote from: "BigDaddy"Next month's new meeting topic

Restructure of OVAS to an autonomous collective, anarcho-syndicalist commune, or a british sit com.

Either that... or we tie darkdep to a chair... tape his eyelids open and force him to watch The Holy Grail and The Life of Brian back to back.

Can he endure the peril?

I think that this sort of reprogramming was tried with great success with Alex in a clockwork orange, whilst listening to beethoven's fifth, so if anyone can sing the fifth accompanied by a coconut section, sounds like the making of a wonderful cinematic musical evening.

BigDaddy

And the fifth would be sung by The Knights Who Say Ni?

babblefish1960

And an interpretive dance by Zoot and Dingo and all the other women of the castle Anthrax, it is beginning to sound as though a wonderful evening will be had by all.

babblefish1960

:oops: Oops, male pig posting I was told, I withdraw the interpretive dance suggestion as she who must be obeyed must also not be given to wrath by silly suggestions. :oops:

On the other hand, there could be jousting.

BigDaddy

Quote from: "babblefish1960"And an interpretive dance by Zoot and Dingo and all the other women of the castle Anthrax, it is beginning to sound as though a wonderful evening will be had by all.

.... And there was much rejoicing (although I'm sure Robyn's minstrels wouldn't agree)

fishycanuck

Lads: If you would provide the coconut and Chateau de Chasseray, I'd be pleased to provide interpretive dance.
Or jousting.
Or toad-baiting.

Iceman

In order to dance, I require a large fish. Now give me a fish before I taunt you  a second time you stupid english pigdog.

henry

Your just banging two coconuts together!!!!!!!

babblefish1960

We could always start a new tradition of the OVAS fish slapping dance, we even have the locks nearby in which to fall in. :shock: We are a fish club after all, and I think everyone's name is Bruce too. :lol: