New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

This just in: OVAS still a sausagefest

Started by PaleoFishGirl, June 08, 2006, 12:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

Hey Ladies,

We're underrepresented on the Forum by a ratio of 4.3:1!! :o

If you haven't yet, please go to Forum > Forum Profile Information > Gender and specify... let's see if we can even out that ratio a bit  ;)

artw

This forum already has enough quality women!

apistome

yes, we need a ???fest to counter balance the sausagefest.

RoxyDog

what ever happend to quality, not quantity?   ;D
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

artw

I agree Roxy and I editted my post to reflect that ;D
*ducks*

PaleoFishGirl

Supressor

Does it really matter how many boys or girls we have??? I always just thought as everyone as PEOPLE not him or her. Not like we're fish or anything were every guy needs 2 or 3 females lol

BigMomma

It the Ying and the Yang ... you need a proper equilibrium  ;)

succinctfish

PFG, you've inspired me to register!  I've just been posting with Babble until now as we accumulate tanks and fish together, but I couldn't resist having more visible women on the site, and being the 1000th registered member.   :D

PaleoFishGirl

Hey succinctfish, glad you finally made it :D  Love the moniker, too, it's so appropriate :)

PaleoFishGirl

darkdep

Underwater

Underwater

never mind, I suddenly realized how silly that was.  3.6 to 1

riiiiight, I'm seeing dots everywhere nowadays

PaleoFishGirl

Yes, APW... one by one (just call me Black Widow LOL).

3.6 dudes for every chick registered on the Forum (I like those odds) :D

artw

I don't.  DarkDep the 3.6:1 is the ratio of Monty Python fans to you

mseguin

You can never kill me off, I know ur weakness 'poke poke"

Seanc

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on June 14, 2006, 12:57:22 PM

3.6 dudes for every chick registered on the Forum (I like those odds) :D
I don't

"put your hand up!!"

you can always make here, bid on useless stuff to death

Supressor

Quote from: Seanc on June 14, 2006, 08:21:43 PM
I don't

"put your hand up!!"

you can always make here, bid on useless stuff to death

I don't either. I mean yea there's gonna be someone who does but yea... if it was 3.6 girls to 1 guy, I think I would to. well actually no I wouldnt cus there all older than me LOL

Seanc

when there are that many girls, there are gunna have to be one that is around our age. I bet there is right now, just eather doesn't ever come on, or doesn't want to disclose

apistome

Wow, Things are looking up as of right now.....

3.2:1

Sausages are getting smaller
*cough/choke*

PaleoFishGirl

Well, we're getting there.  We demand smaller sausages! Erm... wait...

mseguin

apistome

Quote from: mseguin on July 27, 2006, 10:56:28 PM
Speak for yourself Apistome.

:-[
wheres the backpedal key?

mseguin

babblefish1960

Ah Apistome, foot planted firmly in mouth I see, well, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

I think that it can be lovely to have the fairer sex being more broadly represented here, it certainly beats getting more bonehead troglodytes bashing at the keys with their foreheads as though somehow being louder makes one more right about something.

Unfortunately, troglodytes come in both of the current genders, and it would be great if we could skip out on the missing link mentality from both sides of the meadow.

mseguin

Quote from: babblefish1960 on July 27, 2006, 11:50:34 PM
as though somehow being louder makes one more right about something.

Or longer.....  ;)

PaleoFishGirl

Good news, ladies!

Male to Female Ratio:     2.9:1

We're gaining! :D

succinctfish

Woohoo! ;D
It would be interesting to know what are the fishy interests of the women on the site?
Just curious :)

artw

LOL,  or the 2.9 Men... 
You know, I heard a rumour a few years ago that the ratio of available women to men in Ottawa was 3:1... so is it any coincidence that it is the opposite on OVAS?  or am I just unlucky ;)

mseguin

Rudy00

babblefish1960

Quote from: succinctfish on September 26, 2006, 04:28:07 PM
Woohoo! ;D
It would be interesting to know what are the fishy interests of the women on the site?
Just curious :)

Getting back to track here, it is an interesting idea to learn just where gentler interests lay, as it is only marginally informative looking at signatures.

There seems on one hand to be a plethora of female betta zealots along with silly puffers that look like human babies, and of course the snail weirdos, but are their any other interests?

Oenology has Africans amongst others, Succinctfish has SA cichlids and pencils and cory's and PFG has boeseman, Julie has Discus, Laura has lots of stuff and fishycanuck has gorgeous pink hair, what are all the rest of the woman up to these days?

Julie

You forgot my masculine side babble, my trick oscars and big pleco. 
They jump for hikari pellets, and hikari only - the rest they spit out. :D

babblefish1960

My sincere apologies, how could I have been so missive, cool trick with the oscars, smart to spit out anything but hikari, perhaps you would like to tell us further what other peculiar fish you possess?

BigMomma

Quote from: babblefish1960 on September 27, 2006, 08:15:52 PM
Getting back to track here, it is an interesting idea to learn just where gentler interests lay, as it is only marginally informative looking at signatures.

There seems on one hand to be a plethora of female betta zealots along with silly puffers that look like human babies, and of course the snail weirdos, but are their any other interests?

Oenology has Africans amongst others, Succinctfish has SA cichlids and pencils and cory's and PFG has boeseman, Julie has Discus, Laura has lots of stuff and fishycanuck has gorgeous pink hair, what are all the rest of the woman up to these days?

Why don't we have a Women's Fishy Poll?  ;D

babblefish1960

Alright BigParent, why don't you make one yourself then, you are after all, a fishy woman, right?

addendum: If you are shy of course, someone else can do it, but it should be by women and for women, no men in dresses allowed. ;D

BigMomma

By thunder! I didn't know I could ... sorry now I feel silly  :-[

PaleoFishGirl

Well now, don't feel silly - just make one!!

PaleoFishGirl

Update:

Male to Female Ratio:     2.8:1

babblefish1960

Out of deference for PFG and her current absence, I thought I would step up to the plate and try in my most PFG sounding voice to announce that the OVAS ratio of males of the species relative to females of the species has moved even further up since seanc's comment that we are moving up.

It is as of this moment in time, 3.3 men to 1 woman.

I must confess, I am very uncertain of what a 0.3 male would appear to us as. ;)

It would be good to have a better balance, but how many geeky fish females could there possibly be?

beowulf

I am surprised that the ratio is so lopsided!! I also wonder what a third of a man is.

darkdep

I actually think the true ratio is more balanced, but you have to actually manually go in and set your gender on your profile...and given the state of the internet and the world, I bet that although most men have no problem identifying themselves as such, women are probably less comfortable doing so. 

babblefish1960

There is quite possibly some validity to that assertion, as the internet is somewhat predatory. But some of the user names are a dead giveaway, like fishpassion has definitely got to be a girl, as does pegasus, that's a girly horse isn't it?

Just joshing you guys, but there is the time honoured tradition that almost any woman is worth at least two men anyday. This opinion only has merit when I'm given permission to have it. :D

babblefish1960

I am stupified that no one took exception to the previous statement about fishpassion or pegasus, the babbling guy sounds like a maroon.

It is a sad report that the ratio has dipped to 3.4:1, perhaps it was something I said, or wait, it isn't that we're losing females of the opposite sex, rather we are gaining males of the species at a higher rate. So what is it that is attracting a higher ratio of men, and not attracting women at the same rate.

It is even more interesting when you do some math, if Ottawa has a ratio of genders, 3.1 females to 1 male, how then are we reversing this number in the club? Are we really just such a bunch of frighteningly ugly men that the women feel faint at the door and run away? Perhaps we shouldn't all flock to the newcoming women when they come through the door, as the swarming impression leaves them breathless and fearful.

Perhaps PFG or someone like her could come in and shed some light on the situation from a gentler perspective.

PaleoFishGirl

Well, I'm pretty sure I've figured it out - all of the gorgeous women in OVAS are attracting men to the site/club :D

s0me

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on January 12, 2007, 12:45:48 PM
Well, I'm pretty sure I've figured it out - all of the gorgeous women in OVAS are attracting men to the site/club :D

It may also be a result of my poictures posted of me in my red speedos!!

babblefish1960

Quote from: s0me on January 12, 2007, 01:01:20 PM

Now let me get this straight, you are suggesting s0me, that more men are being attracted to the club website because of pictures of you in speedos? I don't mean to sound partial, but I would rather see the gorgeous women in OVAS than you in speedos, that would go for Art in speedos too. But hey, to each his own, I'm sure you're adorable in speedos.

s0me

Quote from: babblefish1960 on January 12, 2007, 01:30:44 PM
Now let me get this straight, you are suggesting s0me, that more men are being attracted to the club website because of pictures of you in speedos? I don't mean to sound partial, but I would rather see the gorgeous women in OVAS than you in speedos, that would go for Art in speedos too. But hey, to each his own, I'm sure you're adorable in speedos.

You can't fight what god gave you!

;)

Seanc

Quote from: s0me on January 12, 2007, 01:45:55 PM
You can't fight what god gave you!

;)
god gave you a speedo? why must he torture us?

sas

PFG ,Very well said  :).
Quote from: s0me on January 12, 2007, 01:01:20 PM

And where would these fine poictures be located :-[. Sorry family site :-X

fishycanuck

Quote from: Seanc on January 26, 2007, 09:15:57 AM
god gave you a speedo? why must he torture us?

Good one, Sean - I think the answer must be she has a twisted sense of humour.
:P

babblefish1960

Oh yes, seanc, ka-ching, and fishycanuck, she must surely have a very twisted sense of humour. Men lose hair on the top of their heads with time, but start growing it out of their noses and ears and tops of their shoulders instead. The irony is baffling, what could possibly happen to women to equal the embarrassment?

beowulf

There should be laws baning Speedos..... :o

gonzobluefuzz

Quote from: babblefish1960 on January 29, 2007, 02:28:06 AM
Oh yes, seanc, ka-ching, and fishycanuck, she must surely have a very twisted sense of humour. Men lose hair on the top of their heads with time, but start growing it out of their noses and ears and tops of their shoulders instead. The irony is baffling, what could possibly happen to women to equal the embarrassment?

I'm not gonna go near this one  ::) :P ;)

babblefish1960

I would suspect that there seems to be a hint of a possibility as to a smidgen of a kernel of a nugget of the truth in this statement. After watching all the silly men trying to stare into boxes of bags of fishes over chatting up the pretty women, it does seem to have merit as a potential cause and effect situation.

It is 3.7 to 1 currently, and I fear it seems to only worsen with time.

PuddleDuck

Quote from: babblefish1960 on December 23, 2006, 01:26:03 PM
There is quite possibly some validity to that assertion, as the internet is somewhat predatory. But some of the user names are a dead giveaway, like fishpassion has definitely got to be a girl, as does pegasus, that's a girly horse isn't it?

According to Pegasus's profile, she is infact a he.  ;)
http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=profile;u=14

PuddleDuck

Quote from: babblefish1960 on September 27, 2006, 08:15:52 PM

Discus/angels, Africans, starting salt water, and the ol' fresh water community.

babblefish1960

Yes that is true, in fact they're both wizened old men who give a lot of ribbing, and in that post you mention took some good ribbing too. :)

PuddleDuck

I'ver never been good at picking up sarcasm/jokes online  ::)

PaleoFishGirl

groan

i had to remind her about the sausages?! :o

beowulf

sas

Quote from: beowulf on May 19, 2007, 06:33:51 AM
PFG is pure..... ;)

beowulf you need to finish that ;)......
               PFG is as pure as the driven snow ;)

beowulf

Quote from: sas on May 21, 2007, 11:55:04 AM

beowulf you need to finish that ;)......
               PFG is as pure as the driven snow ;)

Of course my bad for being to vague.

beowulf

Maybe some of the guys will volunteer for sex changes.  Count me out of course.  ;D :D

busdriver

Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

BigMomma

Quote from: beowulf on May 22, 2007, 04:30:56 PM
Maybe some of the guys will volunteer for sex changes.  Count me out of course.  ;D :D
Is that what you were daydreaming about yesterday ...

We girls now stand at 3.4:1, YAY! ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

It is definitely 3.4:1 today, now you understand that this is 3.4 dumb men to every woman on the board, and not the other way around.  But the gap is closing...well...sort of! :)

BigMomma

Okay girls some of you are not helping out here. I noticed when I was looking at the members list that many of you do not specify that you are female... unless some of you guys have cute feminine names.
I just think it would be nice to know what the ratio really is!  :)

babblefish1960

I think that fishpassion is a girl, and maye that Pegasus character too! ;)

Julie