New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2011 Giant Auction

Started by White Lightning, February 10, 2011, 09:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robt18

Quote from: Fishnut on March 06, 2011, 10:56:45 PM

There were a lot of people who bought a lot of different kinds of fish, so there are a lot of people out there with MTS.  Did anyone impulse buy? 

I just went in with a bunch of money and hoped it was enough :P Not much was planned!

I ended up grabbing a trio of Syno Multipunctatus, a pair of Mega clown plecos, a couple of gold rams and a bunch of plants. Then stayed up trying to figure out where everything would fit. It was a good night :)

Thanks to everyone who made it happen! Took a lot of hard work and you all did a great job!

Time to start breeding and growing for next year's auction :D

washefuzzy

I bought some Brig snails that I absolutely have no room for. Luckily I have 4 takers for them. So it ended up not being a problem. Silly girl!  :D

FishBuddy

Quote from: washefuzzy on March 07, 2011, 09:24:56 AM
I bought some Brig snails that I absolutely have no room for. Luckily I have 4 takers for them. So it ended up not being a problem. Silly girl!  :D

Don't feel bad Joyce...  In one of my previous auctions, I picked up a super giant amazon sword plant (it's beautiful though!) and found out later that I couldn't even fit into a 72 gallon tank!  Ended up giving away to a friend too...

Kudos to all the volunteers and execs for making this GA another successful one.  Without your dedication, the event wouldn't have run this smoothly.  The food was great as well (at a price that you couldn't beat :) )  We certainly finished in record time this year.

I ended up getting a lot of Mark's Tanganyikan cichlids; they are gorgeous!  So, far all of them survived the trip and as of this morning, they are actively swimming and feeding :)

Thanks again folks!

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

charlie

Thanks to all who made this another successful event for the club,including all who came out to support & socialize, the highlight for me this year was the participation of the young hobbyist both in attendance & determination to win a bid, especially the young lady who was determined to get a Pleco for her recent classroom set up-" Kudos", perhaps as a club we can build on this.
Here are a few pictures that the Nikon guy missed lol, great job on the blog  Ron , love it, perhaps Peter can combine all the pictures into an album for the club.
I had a great time meeting & sharing experiences with  other hobbyist.
Regards
http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=570;u=337

sas

Looks like a good time was had by all!
I'm still upset that we didn't make it in :(.

At least I get to dream through all these great pics! Thanks :)

holachicka

Quote from: rockgarden on March 06, 2011, 06:38:39 PM

I will try to add photos to my blog later in the evening.  Need a rest first :-X

Ron
www.megapixeltravel.com (the blog)

Hey - can you please send me EMG4114-kitchen?! I am sure my daughter will love having this added to the other pictures I took of her :)

email:

Thanks, Jessie

rockgarden

Jessie:  Will do.

Everyone else:  Thanks for all of your visits and comments.  I've linked the Auction blog to a few other on-line places that I have photos posted and a few others have marked it as a "Facebook LIKE", so the number of people who now know what an OVAS auction looks like (and snowy Canadian weather) is increasing daily. Folks from the UK like the sunset shot but think that our weather looks horrible :-). One Ottawa area responder wants to sell her son's stuff as part of a basement clean-up  8) but was too late for the auction  :'( while another fellow in the UK thinks that he might haul his old stuff out of the basement and fill the aquarium again and start over after seeing the blog.

Today, I've added links to a few of the larger aquarium societies in Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City at the end of the blog along with information about when they meet.  SO, for instance, if you happen to be in Montreal on Wednesday, March 9th, take a look at the MAS link and see that they have their meeting on Wednesday, March 9th or if you are feeling like a bit of salt and you happen to be in Toronto the same night then perhaps attending a MAST meeting will satisfy the desire for salt water.  Likely better than sitting in front of a TV looking at reruns and eating salty potato chips  :D.

Ron ( www.megapixeltravel.com )

metrologywiz

Is anyone else still waiting for payment for the auction items they sold @ the 2011 Giant Auction?
Last year my payment cheque was mailed straight away.
confused and patiently waiting.

Papdul16

Still waiting
No news after 2 e-mail
7 tanks running of African cichlids

White Lightning