New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aqua Inspiration for the January Meeting!!

Started by Fishnut, January 06, 2012, 03:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sas

Anyone by chance driving in from Deep River, Pet., Pembroke or Cobden?
Looking for a lift and will help pay for gas.
PM me please :).

touchofsky

I am wanting to go from Burnstown (between Arnprior and Renfrew).  Maybe we can get a group together.

2075turner

I looking forward to seeing their presentation. 

Errol's pic's at the plantalhollics meeting were great, I'm excited to see what they will have.

charlie

touchofsky

bizfromqc

Thank you to the OVAS Executive and the AI guys putting on a great demo. Learned a couple of neat tricks and that star fire tank was very nice.

DaWolfe

Thank You for a good meeting.  It was able to put faces with the names. 

I even found out that bizfromqc is a coleague from work, small world.  And got the chance to buy some nice plants  ;D  If can only get my order from China I will be able to finish my C02 setup....

charlie

Quote from: touchofsky on January 21, 2012, 08:24:21 PM
Two more sleeps  ;D
Well waiting those 2 sleeps was well worth it, easily the best attended meeting of the season, it sure  hilighted where the club`s bread & butter lies.
Kudos to the all involved in pulling this off, just imagine if it was a Tom Barr or Takashi Amano or any other of that stature  ;).
Thanks

DaWolfe

"Tom Barr or Takashi Amano".... WOW!!! that would be amazing. 

charlie

Oh BTW kudos to 3 execs. who have taken their positions to heights not seen within the club in my recent memory, that is Washefuzzy for the presence of the Library &wandmangels for excellent food provided last night & every other meeting and ajm1961 for the excellent newsletters, great job guys.
Regards

Stussi613

Quote from: charlie on January 24, 2012, 11:18:03 AM
Oh BTW kudos to 3 execs. who have taken their positions to heights not seen within the club in my recent memory, that is Washefuzzy for the presence of the Library &wandmangels for excellent food provided last night & every other meeting and ajm1961 for the excellent newsletters, great job guys.
Regards

+1

Just finished reading the newsletter on my iPad (love the Eco-friendly PDF version) and I have to say its getting better and better.
I haz reef tanks.

exv152

I must say, that was my first ovas meeting and I was impressed. I enjoyed the AI presentation, and I learned a couple of minor aquascaping things; ie output and intake flow with regards to the elevation of the substrate. I also enjoyed putting a name to a face and meeting a few folks too. Look forward to what 2012 has to offer. Looks like the planted tank fever is definitely here to stay. Now hopefully the retail businesses in ottawa area take note and begin to offer some of these products.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Nerine

Thank you Winnie for translating! :)

I wish I could have stayed till the end, but the roads were pretty nasty and I had to pick up my roommate at 9pm! it was a dicey trip home once we got outside of the city!

The newsletter is amazing!! Thank you Andre!

It was great seeing lots of new faces!!! Looking forward to seeing you all again soon! (I have to miss the February meeting, but i'll be back for the Giant Auction!)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Brine

Quote from: Nerine on January 24, 2012, 01:06:34 PM
Thank you Winnie for translating!
Indeed a big thank you to Winnie for a job well done.

bizfromqc

Quote from: exv152 on January 24, 2012, 12:42:58 PM
I must say, that was my first ovas meeting and I was impressed. I enjoyed the AI presentation, and I learned a couple of minor aquascaping things; ie output and intake flow with regards to the elevation of the substrate. I also enjoyed putting a name to a face and meeting a few folks too. Look forward to what 2012 has to offer. Looks like the planted tank fever is definitely here to stay. Now hopefully the retail businesses in ottawa area take note and begin to offer some of these products.

Yeah! Errol, when are you opening up a store?  8)

fischkopp

Quote from: charlie on January 24, 2012, 11:18:03 AM
Regards

+2

I loved the hands-on presentation and picked up a few new things ad ideas that I haven't thought of before.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Monte

Great meeting last night.Good turnout.Thanks to everyone who put that together.I love watching the pros build scapes.They make it look so easy.Here is a pic from last night.
40 Gallon Breeder

touchofsky

I enjoyed the meeting very much, and it was nice seeing many of you once again.  Strangely, the driving was fine coming in from Burnstown.  We didn't experience anything other than rain.

As has been previously mentioned, thanks to Winnie for her translating!

charlie

Rybren

I must say that the presentation was terrific.  Between last night's show and seeing pics of Errol's tank, there was a great temptation for me to pull out one of the old tanks in the basement and set up a planted system.  Then I got home and looked at my reef and thought... nahhhh.
120G Reef