New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Would you aquascape my aquarium?

Started by ksj, July 26, 2018, 06:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksj

I've let my 90g stagnate for the past year. I love watching my fish but I have zero drive to do anything with them. So for now I just want to put the idea out there before I go into detail. Is there anyone who would enjoy decorating a strangers aquarium?
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

Christianloug

Definitely! That would be my dream, as long as the materials were provided, I would love to do that! I'm medium experienced, and I truly love designing aquariums, were u thinking planted? Cichlids? Tropical?  I would do whatever u want
-christian (member of OVAS)

th3budd

Absolutely. I live in Orleans if you'd like to stop by and see the 3 tanks I've aquascaped.

James

ksj

Alright! Heres current photos.
https://ibb.co/bWqmET
https://ibb.co/ifM418

Fish: 1 pearl gourami, endlers, 2 super red kribs, 3 celestial pearl danio, 5 salt and pepper cories, 1 bristle nose pleco, something like 10 kuhli loaches, 2 Siamese Algae Eater and too many assassin snails.
Plants:Java moss, xmas moss, java fern, anubias and anubias petite, water sprite, 1-3 tiny pieces of buce, mutilated marimo, rotala rotundifolia, algae
Plants haven't done well even though I love them. I'm not sure how strong my lighting is. No C02. Flourish used.
Supplies: Not a whole lot of wood, 2 "trees". Crapton of rocks, though. A decent amount of white quartz.

Originally I was trying to make a zelda scene. But after failing 3 times to find a sealant that works on my handmade ornaments, I kinda gave up that route. At this point, I'd be happy with a natural setting. I'm really not picky at all. I'd be willing to sink another $50 or so into making it look pretty. Lastly, I'm located at k2g 2r7, near Algonquin college. I think thats all the info that may be useful. If you are both still interested in helping me (thank you!), I guess I'll flip a coin.
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

Christianloug

I am definitely interested! There's alot that could be done with that!

Christianloug

th3budd

I'll defer to Christianloug on this one. Wrong end of the city for me.

matttimms49

Any updates on this, would enjoy seeing what the outcome was :)

Christianloug

I never heard back on when I could do it

ksj

My apologies. I have social and general anxiety disorder and kinda freaked out at the idea of a stranger over. ._.  Really sorry.
~Kim

matttimms49

No need to apologise, I hope you managed to set the tank up in the end :)