New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

please remove thread

Started by sniggir, October 01, 2018, 07:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sniggir

Hey gang so finally bit the bullet and got a decent sized tank  :) I am trying to figure out what I want to put in it. I have been thinking of doing a Malawi Hap predator tank, or going back to my roots and making a Tanganyikian mix tank. what are your thoughts.

So far this is what I have
180 gal tank and stand
Fluval FX6
pool filter sand for substrate
tons of large and medium sized rocks
I was thinking about running 4 sponge filters to help out with biological and aeration
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

matttimms49

Whoa that is a huge tank! I look forward to seeing more pictures of the progress. I can't help advise with the sponge filters but more filtration is always good in my opinion  ;D

Predator tank might be exciting to watch but if you are happier and more comfortable with the Tanganyikan mix then o would go with that. Lots of time to think it over though.

sniggir

I will def make sure to post pics as I build, going to be about 2-3 weeks cause need to move my small tanks to thier new home in the basement... lol so will have pics of that also in my other thread.
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently

sniggir

So I have decided to make it into a predator Malawi Hap tank! here is my species list thus far, let me know if I missed any nice ones!

Livingston
Champsochromis caeruleus
Aristochromis Christyi
Buccochromis Rhpadesii
Exochromis anagenxs
Tyrannochromis macrostoma
Venustus

if you know of any other Predator haps that you think would look nice with this group let me know :)

hope to start the build in a week from now!

so far for equipment this is what I have

180 Gal tank/ stand
2 300w heater
FX6 and FX5 canister
large Air pump with 4 Sponge filter
4 Bags of Tan Filter sand
Ton of Large rocks
Will update again when I start to assemble and post pic's also anyone have any leads on where I can get any of stock on my list was thinking of doing a road trip to Montreal but lol Never been on a fish trip there so not sure where to go.