New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

nigerian scam ''Important please read ASAP''

Started by WIndeXqc, January 19, 2008, 12:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIndeXqc

Hi,

I just got this email from a member I suspct is nnanna (http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=profile;u=2883).  He registered on the 17th and I got the email on the 18th.

Just want to let you guys know before he spam everyone in this forum.

Thanks

QuoteLetter Of Relationship .
FROM NNA ROBERTS
12 BP 1046 ABIDJAN.
COTE D'IVORIE.
Dearest one,

Permit me to inform you of my dee to go into business relationship with you , l got your name and contact through the internet here in Abidjan and I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to the nature of my proposal,which requires a reputable and trustworthy person. Someone who will be kind and sincere to me. I am a memeber of www.ovas.ca

busdriver

I took my e-mail off this site as a precaution.
I can still be reached through a pm, though.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

Vizerdrix

No offense to anyone, but I never post my e-mail on forums, for just such reasons.  I get tons of spam at work, just because the various e-mail addresses are on our website. :(

fishycanuck

Wow, I didn't get one. Guess I'm not trustworthy enough. :'(

WIndeXqc

It is not so bad cuze it is my hotmail account.  ::)

Wal_Mart_Fish_Guy

spam is second nature to me, I put all of my information on the net, without fear  ;D

Heidi

Hmmm.... if this guy really prayed over it and picked your name based on those prayers - wouldn't whomever he prayed to have told him we would tell him to take a flying leap and not to waste his (mainly OUR) time???   :D ;D :D
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

hamstercaster

I usually answer back to them telling them how interested I am until they are so happy and start wanting more information and then I let them have it... It's sooooo much fun hehehehe

Funkmotor

419 scams are older than the Internet.  If you've never gotten an email like this, you're one of the few.  I used to get actual letters in the mail like this, and I really - seriously - can't believe how anyone could possibly be taken like this.  But it happens every day.

The thing is, some people have been successful at scamming the scammers.  Getting them to take silly pictures of themselves or to act out scenes from movies, or simply get them to send *you* some money to pay some fee that's "keeping me from getting to the money in my trust fund" or something.

This should be good for a few laughs:  http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

Brine

I check my junk folder every now and then and low and behold there it was. Hotmail spam filters sent it to my junk folder. I love the idea of getting them to send me a few bucks just to f them up but if you reply they know for sure your e-mail address is valid. I used to reply with the most horrific curse words I could think of. I always imagined the shock at the other end....heheheheh

Nerine

I'm so sad....I did not get one :(

I LOVE THOSE :D I always always reply back...sometimes the emails are fakes (bad addys') but sometimes they actually work and someone replies back hehe most of the time I make up some weird story and give them the phone number to the local pizza shop :D
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts