New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

banned from the chat

Started by zapisto, January 30, 2008, 04:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapisto

Zoe

Uh oh, Patrick, what did you say?  :o

;D

FishPassion

They banned a forum sponsor??? and you didnt do anything??? wow
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

BigDaddy

lol

It's a glitch in the flashchat software.  RoxyDog got banned for a few days there too.  Not sure why it happens.

Heidi

hmmm..maybe you are on a time-out?? Or you are going to do something that you shouldn't and this is the universe's way of say...no-no-no.
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

Adam

150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

zapisto

well
do something cause i am still banned :(

RoxyDog

I can't remember if someone fixed me or I had to wait it out, sorry Zap.   :-\ 
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

darkdep

zap,

This was something I was trying to find but honestly haven't been able to yet.  The ban list for the chat IS empty...so some glitch is keeping you out.  Unfortunately that means sifting through a very non-friendly database table and thinking a lot.  I'm trying.  :)

bitterman

Quote from: DarkDep on February 03, 2008, 10:34:14 AM
zap,

This was something I was trying to find but honestly haven't been able to yet.  The ban list for the chat IS empty...so some glitch is keeping you out.  Unfortunately that means sifting through a very non-friendly database table and thinking a lot.  I'm trying.  :)

Best of luck... I know last time this Happen to Roxydog Marc (Groan) mentioned re installing the application to fix the issue?

Thinking alot hm...... I smell smoke ;)

darkdep

Reinstalling the app didn't actually help.  It's something in the DB.  Unfortunately, the tables for Flashchat are not friendly to read :(

bitterman

Quote from: DarkDep on February 05, 2008, 12:51:48 PM
Reinstalling the app didn't actually help.  It's something in the DB.  Unfortunately, the tables for Flashchat are not friendly to read :(

Thats a bumber dude. .Jenn (Roxydog) had this issue and then is magically started to work again...  Sounds like flashchat is a POS.

B

darkdep

Well, I wouldn't go that far...but it DID only cost us $5 :D

bitterman

Quote from: DarkDep on February 06, 2008, 02:13:43 PM
Well, I wouldn't go that far...but it DID only cost us $5 :D

I guess we got what we paid for  ::)

zapisto

Quote from: bitterman on February 04, 2008, 02:37:07 PM
Best of luck... I know last time this Happen to Roxydog Marc (Groan) mentioned re installing the application to fix the issue?

Thinking alot hm...... I smell smoke ;)
i am still banned and this start piss me a bit :(
reinstall wich apps ?
i am using flash chat.

bitterman

Quote from: zapisto on February 28, 2008, 08:49:22 AM
i am still banned and this start piss me a bit :(
reinstall wich apps ?
i am using flash chat.

Reinstalling the application was already done ont he server side and unfortuately it did not help you :( Since APW has stepped down, not sure what to say now.. does not look like this is going to be fixed any time soon. Maybe you can create another new OVAS account? so you can use chat?

Bruce

groupie02

APW is stepping down but he's actively looking for someone to replace him.

darkdep

I think I'm actually on the right track this morning ...

darkdep

dan2x38

Quote from: DarkDep on February 28, 2008, 10:25:29 AM
I think I'm actually on the right track this morning ...

Is it or was it a cache issue. Maybe he needs to dump his cache client side including all cookies. There must be a server side cache or even the OS system cache? Flushing either or both caches might help? Just pointing the gun and pulling the trigger.

Zapisto can test client side cache issues by logging on from a PC where he's never logged on before or anyone to OVAS is even better.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

darkdep

It's not a cache issue, it's a flashchat issue.  It has to do with the fact that it hardcodes group numbers, and Zap is in the "Forum Sponsors" group.  I had to add some numbers to one of Flashchat's definition files.  Hoping I put them in the right place :)

dan2x38

Quote from: DarkDep on February 28, 2008, 11:15:51 AM
It's not a cache issue, it's a flashchat issue.  It has to do with the fact that it hardcodes group numbers, and Zap is in the "Forum Sponsors" group.  I had to add some numbers to one of Flashchat's definition files.  Hoping I put them in the right place :)

OH my hardcoding... Not good... I've done that when I was lazy and it always comes back to bite ya! So the input is just written into the DB? So it's a flat DB?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

darkdep

No, it's a config file within the Flashchat folder...they basically only deal with user groups 0, 1, and 2.  And the Forum Sponsors are in group 32 :)