New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

LF options for overflow box

Started by Muad'Dib, December 30, 2020, 09:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muad'Dib

Good Morning Everyone

I finally took possession of my aquarium and stand yesterday. Unfortunately the existing overflow system is too big. It's two separate 3 or 4 inch rigid PVC pipes that come out of 2 large drilled holes in the back of the tank. And they block light switches because they are too close to the wall.

I have another tank I can use but I would like to keep using the sump. However the second tank is not drilled and I prefer to keep it that way.

Does anyone have a lead on a Hang on Tank Overflow Box?

50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

Muad'Dib

I think I've found a way to make the existing setup work for me. I need to shorten the top of the pipes so they don't stick above the tank and then make a shield to cover the side at the back of the tank so you don't see the plumbing.

Started cleaning everything this afternoon, hope to have it full of water and running by the end of the week. Fingers crossed.
50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

charlie

Glad you figured out a solution.
Keep the updates coming.
Regards