New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New LED fixture

Started by charlie, July 31, 2014, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exv152

Even if the PAR is not high, it's nice to see more companies are now investing more time and money in LEDs for plants. Thanks for posting Errol. Are you getting closer to making the switch to LED?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Very excited by this :) Will let you know how it works out - got one in the mail for the 60P.
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

daworldisblack

Quote from: exv152 on July 31, 2014, 03:06:17 PM
Even if the PAR is not high, it's nice to see more companies are now investing more time and money in LEDs for plants. Thanks for posting Errol. Are you getting closer to making the switch to LED?

Yep i think in general, these LEDs are still not powerful enough for deeper tanks but for shallow ones, plenty of PAR punch. I'd like to see if the reds do well under this as my Ray II didn't do much for them.
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

I saw a par chart & from my limited  knowledge, it appears decent.
also the light spread is good.
I'm researching presently for my 15 gallon
regards

Al

I'm not a plant guy but thought I would let you know that I have had no issues with my Ecoxotic LED's - I have their light strips in 2 canopies - using both Panorama Pro in one and Stunner LED's in the other, hooked up to their dimmers and One Touch controller which gives me timing and ramp-up and ramp-down capabilities. They have been problem free and pricing was very good. On a 72 x 30 x 27 high tank (fish only, west-African, medium light output - dimmers at about 40% output) I have 4 Panorama Pro modules which cost around $70 each about 18 months ago and the One Touch was around $99 - not bad for the total set-up and what it delivers for my freshwater fish tank. Ecoxotic and Current USA are one and the same with different branding.

charlie

angelcraze

Why can't anyone except BML make a quality fixture for a 60" long tank?  And I dont want 2 x 24", so don't suggest pls, or good even PAR that won't fade at 6" on each side of the tank?  Just a vent......Thanks.
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!