New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

November Fish and Plant Auction

Started by Jody, November 12, 2023, 11:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya folks!

So as we announced at the meeting, we will be hosting our annual Fish and Plant auction on November 27th.  It will take place at the J.A Dulude Arena and start at 7:00 pm.

PLEASE NOTE - This is a CASH only auction, with no ATM on site.

If you are a seller, please arrive a bit early (6:15-6:30), so we can make sure we get everything registered and we can get the auction running quickly. To make it easier, I have included some forms at the bottom, that we would like people to use, as uniformity makes it run much faster for us.

There is an example of how to fill out the forms as well. If you show up with everything ready to go, that will be amazing, and make things go smoother and faster.

OVAS will be taking $1 per registered item from members, and $2 per lot for non-members. This means if you registered 10 items, and 9 sell, we will be taking $10. We will be starting at $2 per bag, unless there is a minimum price listed.

About minimum prices, I have found that minimum prices often lower the initial interest in an item, so can ultimately lead to a lower sale price. People who get bidding, often stick it out for a couple more dollars.

We have a maximum of 3 of the same item from each seller, but no limit on total items. So you could have 3 bushynose pleco lots, 3 angelfish, 3 anubias, 3 java fern etc. Ideally, this reduces the risk of getting 20 of the same item in the auction from multiple people, and nobody selling well at all.

Please follow the link for proper bagging technique and tips - https://www.ovas.ca/ovas/auctions/bagging-fish

tanksalot360

ismael

hey guys i was just wondering for the auction does anyone planning of bringing red cherry shrimp ?

tanksalot360